Dsny frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Have you tried looking in the Database??

They operate on the NYC UHF DOiTT system

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod

ansky

The DSNY talkgroups are very active during snowstorms. That's the best time to listen in my opinion.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
The Garbage collectors have a POLICE dept?
Isn't this a little overboard?
If you overload your trash can do they send out a SWAT team?!?!

The DSNY police issue tickets for blight and build up of garbage and other sanitation related infractions.
The concern is diseases, rats, medical waste, piles and piles of garbage, commercial offenders, the list goes on and on, but the DSNY PD stays busy.

You'd be surprised how many different police departments they have, such as the Bronx terminal market police.

emsc352

Premium Subscriber
dsny freguencies

On my bcd436 i never pick them up. My pro 106 not a problem. I get some stuff on doitt not everything on the 436

Darkstar350

Overloaded or hazardous garbage can blow into the streets, sewers and become a safety hazard
Especially with all the wind we get here in NY
Not to forget injuring the workers or even cause a fire inside the truck itself
Some people would be helpless in regards to cleaning up after themselves without a well organized sanitation dept.

Its been about a year or so since i was closely following DSNY but heres the talkgroups that were most active at that time -

3712 Police
3824 Systemwide/ Announcements
3728 Possibly supervisors?
3632 Brooklyn
3648 Brooklyn
3616 Bronx
3856 Bronx
3600 Manhattan
3840 Manhattan
3696 Staten Island
3664 Queens
3680 Queens
3808 Queens

Don57

Premium Subscriber
I have had this programmed in my Home Patrol for at least a year and don’t recall ever hearing any traffic on it. Are any other departments active on it ? I live on the south shore of Long Island , right on the Suffolk / Nassau border. I pick up the NYPD , FDNY just fine bout nothing on here.

weathermedic

Premium Subscriber
From the looks of the snow plows parked in the different sanitation parking lots/garages around the city, they will probably be doing their annual "dry run" snowplow routes within the next few days/week or so. I've seen many of the plows assembled to the salt trucks while driving around the past couple of days. They send them out this time of year with new snowplow/salter operators to simulate their routes during a snowstorm. I'm sure they will be using the UHF Doitt frequencies during the training, so it may be a good time for us radio monitors to do a "dry run" ourselves and see if we can hear anything before the actual snow does fall.

Darkstar350

If anyone is having problems picking up this system try programming it as a "Motorola custom" band plan Lower freq 482.000
Step 6.25
Offset 380

Also this may be for those closer to or in the city on a regular basis - but does anyone know if DSNY uses their conventional freqs such as 453.600 in any capacity? ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPLS748 - CITY OF NEW YORK Ive had those freqs in my radios and havent got activity so i would guess they do not use those frequencies anymore or if they do perhaps in very low power?...

weathermedic

Premium Subscriber
The snow plows are out today doing their practice routes. Not sure if they are using the radios much, but I would guess they probably would be. Good time to scan their talk groups on the UHF Doitt system.

mikeybus44

Premium Subscriber

Sanitation Police are armed peace officers under NYS Law. They focus mainly on illegal dumping which requires them to stake out known dumping locations often in desolate parts of the city. They usually partner but can work solo - uniformed and in plainclothes.
They have the power to impound vehicles that participate in illegal dumping. Trade waste (aka contractors who do not properly dispose of materials) are frequent 'customers' of the SP when they dump all their drywall, cabinets, wood floors, tile, concrete or brick on a side street instead of proper disposal - such as a dumpster.

They also impound vehicles and arrest and/or serve summonses to those who steal recycling with the intent of cashing it in for scrap. Garbage and recycling becomes the property of NYC once it is placed curbside by a resident.

Status
Not open for further replies.