RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum


New York Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #161 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2018, 1:52 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: ff026
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFR401 View Post
Let them keep milking the O/T and dragging until someone gets hurt

This is really over done

They should work on this in shifts it would have been done already milk the clock got to love it
Is this you opinion or the opinion of your “reliable” source?

Perhaps just maybe they are doing some in building or below street testing?

Ask your “reliable” source!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #162 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2018, 3:23 PM
MFR401's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 230
Default

Sounds like your reliable people know more then me thank you for telling us what they are doing we could just omit the MAYBE
And now we know underground and building testing.
Great info


Psychology is great on weak minds
Reply With Quote
  #163 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 6:28 AM
Danny37's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 703
Default

They made the switch back to SOD this morning. Staten Island SOD simulcast is no longer in service and has been permanently disabled as per central. Looks like the upgrades to SOD was to make it a unified channel to get rid of Staten Island SOD.

CW4 still has only central but no field units can be heard.
__________________
Volunteer EMT

Last edited by Danny37; 03-15-2018 at 6:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #164 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 6:39 AM
Danny37's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 703
Default

I'm curious how do you guys in Staten Island and Jersey hear SOD on the 470mhz side?
__________________
Volunteer EMT
Reply With Quote
  #165 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 7:11 AM
62Truck's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny37 View Post
They made the switch back to SOD this morning. Staten Island SOD simulcast is no longer in service and has been permanently disabled as per central. Looks like the upgrades to SOD was to make it a unified channel to get rid of Staten Island SOD.

CW4 still has only central but no field units can be heard.
From what I was told they made the switch at 7am.
__________________
Lions, Tigers, Bears....
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #166 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 7:24 AM
Danny37's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Truck View Post
From what I was told they made the switch at 7am.
Yup, I was listening when it happened.
__________________
Volunteer EMT
Reply With Quote
  #167 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 7:37 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: basking ridge nj
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny37 View Post
Yup, I was listening when it happened.
I am in New Jersey. Listening to s o d on 470. 8375 right now the mobile units are extremely weak and illegible with very low audio... Central is weaker than it used to be but is legible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #168 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 7:42 AM
Danny37's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 703
Default

I don't know if they added new repeater sites but I am getting some distortion from time to time. I don't know if it's a transmitter (unrelated to SOD) near me that's causing this.
__________________
Volunteer EMT
Reply With Quote
  #169 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 7:44 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: basking ridge nj
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny37 View Post
I don't know if they added new repeater sites but I am getting some distortion from time to time. I don't know if it's a transmitter (unrelated to SOD) near me that's causing this.
Sounds a lot worse than it used to be. Sounds like a voting receiver issue of some sort.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #170 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 8:33 AM
Barney6's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Citrus Co., Fl./ Dumont, NJ.
Posts: 244
Default

Listening from Northern Bergen County with a 396xt and a srh77ca antenna. 5 bars loud and clear, both dispatcher and field units on 470.8375 pl 136.5. Chuck.
__________________
Work hard, Play Hard!
Reply With Quote
  #171 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 8:39 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: basking ridge nj
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney6 View Post
Listening from Northern Bergen County with a 396xt and a srh77ca antenna. 5 bars loud and clear, both dispatcher and field units on 470.8375 pl 136.5. Chuck.
I am located in Somerset County New Jersey and I used to pick up the s o d Staten Island simulcast loud and clear. Now with this change it is barely audible here. Signal is unreliable and constantly Cuts in and out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #172 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 9:10 AM
Danny37's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richee2000 View Post
I am located in Somerset County New Jersey and I used to pick up the s o d Staten Island simulcast loud and clear. Now with this change it is barely audible here. Signal is unreliable and constantly Cuts in and out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Any way you can modify your setup? Maybe get a dedicated UHF antenna tuned to the T band? That might improve things for you.
__________________
Volunteer EMT
Reply With Quote
  #173 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 5:32 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: basking ridge nj
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny37 View Post
Any way you can modify your setup? Maybe get a dedicated UHF antenna tuned to the T band? That might improve things for you.
I have multiple antennas for multiple scanners and s o d just comes in crummy now.. plus you cannot hear the mobile at all if it gives a quick response. It seems like the first few words are cut off by whatever repeater voting receiver system they have now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #174 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 8:00 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: ff026
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richee2000 View Post
I have multiple antennas for multiple scanners and s o d just comes in crummy now.. plus you cannot hear the mobile at all if it gives a quick response. It seems like the first few words are cut off by whatever repeater voting receiver system they have now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That’s nothing new it’s always been like that. The dispatcher still hears it.
Reply With Quote
  #175 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 8:43 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: ff026
Posts: 398
Default

The voting has not been changed they added new sites and a simulcast controller.
Reply With Quote
  #176 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 9:27 PM
Danny37's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff026 View Post
The voting has not been changed they added new sites and a simulcast controller.
I definitely hear some distortion but it's not bad, kinda like listening to FD.
__________________
Volunteer EMT
Reply With Quote
  #177 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2018, 6:28 AM
pdfdems286's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: stairway to heaven
Posts: 2,055
Default

I am in central-coastal monmouth nj. Listening on a bc898t w/diamond whip. Sod is coming in pretty well. A little bit of distortion,around the end of tx.
__________________
The one's I use:bc898t.bcd436hp,bcd325p2,bc246t,minitorv/2,tk2170,ws-1010<spectrumsweeper>.
Reply With Quote
  #178 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2018, 8:28 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: basking ridge nj
Posts: 844
Default

well whatever they did, the signal here in somerset county NJ is much worse than when they had the 482.4875 SI transmitter.
Reply With Quote
  #179 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2018, 9:14 AM
Danny37's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 703
Default

I visited a friend in Eastchester, NY last night and SOD sounded loud and clear but with like what the other member said a bit of distortion at the end of the transmissions.

I also can't remember when was the last time transmissions weren't cut off in the beginning, seems to be pretty standard across the board on the system. The dispatcher does hear them, we on the receiving end don't.
__________________
Volunteer EMT
Reply With Quote
  #180 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2018, 7:22 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: connecticut
Posts: 379
Default

Whenever I've been to the Jersey shore 482.487 always came in better than 470.837 which made sense. Be interesting to see how and if 470.837 comes in now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions