Dutchess county fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
VHF conventional and MotoTrbo in the past have been used at the fair.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
thanks and is there and other talk groups under the dutchess county fair like security and parking and rides and crowd protrol and firstaid or no

There are other talkgroups. I'm not near my other computer at the moment. I know they ran in sequential order. The talkgroups are only used during the fair. Most of the traffic on the talkgroups are admin type stuff and law enforcement.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Bring a scanner with you that has a "close call" feature, and try some investigative work.

Use your scanners search feature too. 150 - 162 , 450 - 470 MHz

Fairs often have radio users that are not licensed, or not licensed in that area. Try the popular itinerant frequencies too. 151.625, 464.500, 464.550, etc.

Tech1

John were did you find the list of frequencies that you posted ? In regards to the Trunked System, you have to program all of the freq's for the tower site that is the closest to the County Fair. When your scanner stops on the ID 10011, then press hold. Bring your second scanner with you that has the other freq's programmed in to it and you can monitor the other services. The State Police and the Dutchess County Sheriff also will be there for crowd control. The State Police has a booth there every year as well.

Last edited:

Tech1

John, I did some research and the best site tower that is closest to the Fair Grounds is the Milan Site.
Here are the freq's and channel numbers.

01) 463.5125 cc
02) 461.5625 cc
03) 461.7375 cc
04) 464.5875

This system has a 20 mile radius.

Tech1

Dutchess County Fair

John I hope these maps will help.

Attachments

• Fairgrounds-map.jpg
    Fairgrounds-map.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 151
  • dutchess county map.gif
    dutchess county map.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 160

Tech1

John as you can see the Town of Milan is slightly North East of the Fair Grounds, so you shouldn't have any trouble receiving any radio transmissions.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
What info? This is a MotoTRBO Connect Plus trunked system, not a conventional repeater. You need a scanner capable of scanning a MotoTRBO Connect Plus system in order to follow the activity on that talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.