RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New York Radio Discussion Forum

New York Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New York.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 10:09 AM

Are all 90 ambulances in the NYC area?

Hatzolah is a unique operation no doubt. I think that Synanon (?spelling?) ran an ambulance in California. And there was a prison group in Indiana I think that ran an ambulance. And there were several volunteer neighborhood based ambulance services in NYC over the years. I think that Philly had volunteer ambs also. Peter sz
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM

Synanon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe the Synanon ambulance was in Tulare County at Badger.

Ancient history :-)

Peter Sz
Old 04-07-2009, 7:50 PM

If I get hurt I don't care who comes to help. They are actually helpful to MOS and will take care of the member no matter what his religion.
Old 08-18-2009, 8:17 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Default Hatzolah

PJH, It's disgracefully unfortunate that I have to agree with you about this organizations treatment of non-Jews, especially blacks in New York. When I resided in Brooklyn there was many a time at accident scenes, they would treat & transport their own people & literally leave injured blacks on the scene without so much as a glance.I've also heard horror stories from black friends in NYC EMS who where actively discouraged from bringing sick or injured black patients to Maimonides Hospital ER. This was a major receiving hospital in a predominattly jewish neighborhood

Last edited by FLRAILMAN; 08-18-2009 at 8:26 PM..
Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRAILMAN View Post
PJH, It's disgracefully unfortunate that I have to agree with you about this organizations treatment of non-Jews, especially blacks in New York. When I resided in Brooklyn there was many a time at accident scenes, they would treat & transport their own people & literally leave injured blacks on the scene without so much as a glance.I've also heard horror stories from black friends in NYC EMS who where actively discouraged from bringing sick or injured black patients to Maimonides Hospital ER. This was a major receiving hospital in a predominattly jewish neighborhood
I don't know what it is like now, but I can tell you that back in the late 70's, early 80's, I never saw such while doing my practical with NYC EMS. Heard stories, but never saw it.

And the wacker crap? look at a lot of volunteer groups across the US, lots of wackers out there. I think slamming Hatzolah on a radio hobbyist forum is pretty childish.

Last edited by iamhere300; 08-19-2009 at 10:44 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Multistate DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

The problem is that 99.9% of volunteer EMS in New York is authorized to run a green light with no ROW privledges to the scene or to pick up an ambulance and take it out to the scene.

Hatzolah through their lobbying efforts was able to get regulations changed to allow EMT's in the state to run red lights/sirens to calls in their POV's. Problem is that they (Hatzolah) hand out permits like candy (permits are not state permits, but authorized by their chief of service) to just about everybody, reguardless of being a CFR, EMT, EMT-P, Doctor, PA, or driver. State regs REQUIRE that the vehicle be inspected by the DOH and a certification sticker be DISPLAYED in plain view attesting to such certification in order to respond lights/siren. This is not done by Hatzolah members (I've only seen one sticker in all my years around them) and is not enforced by the state. I know of two regional EMS authorities who pretty much flat out said they would not enforce these regs with them because of political backlash and they don't want to be seen as anti-jewish.

Essentially (especially in New York/NYC) Hatzolah does whatever they want, when they want and knows that there will not be any reprocussions of their actions. No one wants to get into the us vs jews debate. Part of it is the culture, part of it is the city attitude.

Now, if they excersised due dillagence in their driver training and didn't give everyone permits to run lights and sirens and didn't abuse it, it would be a difference story on that subject. But, when you have 5 people doing 75mph to a person "not feeling well with a toothache", thats an extreme public safety hazard.

Sorry, but when someone's personal vehicle has more lights and sirens on it than most heavy rescues, thats wackerish (and the norm for them).

Thats just the reality of them in the NYC/NJ area.

Funny how you don't see this in their offshoots in Los Angeles, Connecticut and a few other places.
Old 08-21-2009, 7:25 PM

With all the cellphone cameras out there, any overt problems should be well publicized. (Maybe not so much in the ER). Peter Sz
Old 11-08-2009, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCANdal View Post
Answer to question 1: 69

Answer to question 2:

Hatzolah (NYC): 160.200 (167.9), talkaround / dispatch simulcast
Kiryas Joel EMS (Orange County): 155.955R (110.9)
Hatzolah of Rockland County: 159.885R (DPL 074)
Catskills Hatzolah (Sullivan County area): 160.280 (csq)

SCANdal

I'm really not familiar with scanners but when I'm programing my scanner for instance KJ EMS 155.955R how do I put the "R" in my scanner? or maybe I don't need add the R?
Thank You
Old 11-08-2009, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuchesloch View Post
I'm really not familiar with scanners but when I'm programing my scanner for instance KJ EMS 155.955R how do I put the "R" in my scanner? or maybe I don't need add the R?
Thank You
Just enter the numbers.

The R designation on the end indicates that the frequency output is that of a repeater.
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2009, 8:49 PM

Has anyone received the tone a/b values when they emit a tone? Seems like a very short tone so maybe its just an audible sound instead of pager tones??
Old 11-08-2009, 9:14 PM

Hatzolah doesn't use two-tone paging. The tone you hear is the standard 1000 Hz console alert tone. It's just an attention getter, nothing more.
Old 08-30-2010, 9:53 AM

Default Haztolah toronto

does anyone have the frequineces to hatzolah toronto, I am new to scanning and it would be great if i can get started!

Someone told me 451.4375 but it does not seems to work!

and someone else posted this on the forum
: Hatzoloh Toronto DEC: 50640 HEX: C5D
but i have no clue how to transelate that in to a 6 digit channel
Old 08-30-2010, 9:11 PM

DEC + HEX indicate a talkgroup on a trunked radio system - perhaps a talkgroup on the City of Toronto Trunked Radio System. If your scanner is able to follow trunked radio systems, the programming instructions should be in your scanner owners manual. Peter Sz
Old 08-30-2010, 9:25 PM

Hatzalah Toronto
Old 08-30-2010, 9:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Does anyone happen to know what frequency or frequencies they use here in Los Angeles? We know they use radios but they don't seem to have a license in the FCC database.
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2013, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dca37 View Post
Sorry if i was unclear. The base will Tx on F1 and F2, but will only Rx the portable on F1.

They turn on the PL on different towers, based on the location of the calls, because the portables and dispatch system is setup that the members can leave their radios with pl activated and only hear the calls local to them (or leave it on open, and hear all calls).

---

PJH, Truck26 got it right, we do have over 90 ambulances. Hatzolah is the largest headache volunteer ambulance service in the United States, with over 90 ambulances and 1,000 wacker volunteer EMTs in the United States, as well as dozens of migranes throughout the world.

Why do you say that? Some of our members have whacktastic setups, thats for sure, and some are overenthusiastic, but how does hatzolah cause migraines throughout the world? we can continue this via pm if you'd like.

If a hatzolah member has given you a problem in the past I would like to apologize on his behalf. I would be curious to hear the details via pm and see if i can address the matter.

Regards,
David
dca37, I would like to send you a private message. Please try to get in touch with me. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:00 AM

Default From C Base to C Group

Now with PL in Sullivan you cannot hear neither Sullivan or City. Please advise what changed about the programming? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dca37 View Post
I am a Hatzolah member, and program radios. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Disclaimer: I do not represent the organization, or any particular person. I am posting this information solely for that sake....information. Feel free to listen to our dispatch and chatter. NYSP does too, by our invitation.

************Hatzolah EMS - NYC and Sullivan County******************

Dispatch - 160.28000 PL 167.9
F2 - 160.20000 PL 167.9

Dispatch is sometimes also broadcasted on F2 simultaneously in Sullivan county, but only Rx on 160.280

When listening with pl you will only hear the local traffic. If you are in the city you will only hear city, if in Sullivan, only Sullivan. Without pl you will hear both areas.

When tx on channel 1 without pl, the dispatcher will not hear you, so it is a de-facto talkaround. It can interfere with dispatch though, and it is rarely used for that purpose. F2 is commonly used for unit-to-unit chatter, or on a scene, to allow the dispatcher to continue putting out calls on channel 1. There are three or four additional secondary channels used for unit-to-unit talk, though they are rarely used, and not on all handhelds.

Kiryas Joel EMS (Orange County): 155.955R (110.9)
Hatzolah of Rockland County: 159.885R (DPL 074)

They both utilize a repeater system. The above frequencies I believe ARE the correct rx freq.

PJ from lightbarn?
Old 08-01-2014, 4:05 PM

Try 156.015
Old 08-01-2014, 4:13 PM

Default C Group

That number as the frequency? Open PL? I am only getting static. Now is when they have C calls. Please explain. Thank you.
Old 08-21-2014, 4:47 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnrider View Post
Try 156.015
That's the output frequency for the Fire Department of the Village of Kiryas Joel's dispatch/operations/fireground repeater, with a DPL of 546. Considering that that frequency is as congested as it is (KJFD shares it with Mount Pleasant PD who uses it with tone 162.2), I'd be surprised if Hatzolah is using it as well.