Long Island Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW1NY3478

Hey,

anyone on here have the freq for the new buff radio system on LI.

it is LIBNS

can not find it

any ideas????

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
I had emailed them requesting the information but I still have not gotten a response ... nor have I heard any *new* transmissions on GMRS or Business frequencies, nor can I find an entry in the FCC database for a frequency pair... I'm starting to think LIBNS is a vapor organization but who knows....

Anyway, the freq for the system would be nice.

[EDIT]By new I mean any new systems that would sound like LIBNS...[/EDIT]

davidd2957

Thanks Gatekeep. Is there a way to subscribe the LIBNS? Is LIBNS a lone entity or is it affiliated with another service such as Breaking News Service etc.?

THANKS
David D.

IW_RADIO

LIBNS is a separate stand-alone entity from BNN, MNS, CW, IPN, FRN, etc. There is a membership fee and initiation period when accepted.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Fascinating, I did not know that. IW_RADIO, out of curiosity do you know of any BNN like services on Long Island? (Preferably with radio services in UHF towards central Suffolk.)

ALLPLOWEDOUT

Long Island (Suffolk) buff repeater Wanna Bnn

moderated at owner's request

Last edited:

ALLPLOWEDOUT

Astro Repeater

Anyone monitored the repeater running astro?
Not sure on it's ownership, well, not entirely sure....

Not too much traffic on it to idenitfy it's use.
It is a private system, so this is interesting.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Yep, that seems to be it ... <removed by request>

Sucks, heh frequencies are too high for my R split MTS...oh well.

Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
There goes keeping the freq on the D/L !!
It seems that no matter where it is posted, it goes away!

Last edited:

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Its because, whom ever runs the group perfers the information to be kept private...although anyone with brains and knowhow to search on the FCC database can find the information. I removed the callsign because I was requested too...

CloroxCowboy

It would be unfortunate for people to be illegally using someone else's system. And I realize that there are people who will do it anyway. Frequency information is part of the public domain and it is somewhat unrealistic to expect it to be kept under lock-and-key. There may some sophisticated (and expensive) ways of controlling system access, but I also appreciate that these may be beyond the means of some well-intended hobbyists.

Casting the aura of secrecy does give the impression that knowing the frequencies has great value. At the end of the day, channels will not be a secret for long. Maybe by having more interested persons, the system can be expanded to handle the added potential load; especially if future members are willing to pony up.

Part of the irony of the difficulty in controlling knowledge and access to the airwaves is that this is what the federal government intended. Not for people to take advantage of lawful users, but to promote lawful use by making the airwaves accessible. It is the encouragement of inclusion and the discouragement of exclusion.

A message board such as this has no responsibility to publish anyone's channels. Though, it seems counterintuitive to censor something like that when part of the reason the site exists is to publish the use of various channels.

ALLPLOWEDOUT

BNN type service with radio comms

Too bad there's no radio system by or for the real BNN service, especially on Long Island.

If anyone's got a decent repeater (maxtrac based or watever....), and wants to set it up for such a system tryout or whatever, I can possibly obtain space on a tower that's got decent height....I won't get into specifics of location,etc...on here, if anyone's interested, PM me and we'll go from there.

IW_RADIO

BNN is crap! The owners & manager of BNN are federally indicted felons from a 1997 investigation of their company illegally intercepting pages of Federal, State and Local officials. Do a Google Search if you don't believe me! IT IS ALL TRUE... I used to work for them!

Last edited:

EAN840

IW_RADIO please before your going to make a comment about BNN please double check your sources and maybe have a talk with someoen from BNN to confirm your info.
there is always 2 sides to the story and a truth side. please get the truth and then post it

BNN is and will always be the #1 news notification oager then almost every AGENCY from twp to state wide uses and relys on for daily use

ALLPLOWEDOUT

bnn

I find BNN to be a very useful tool. I personally don't care that someone allegedly taped Guillani's alpha some time back or whatever supposedly happened. Everyone does something stupid in their lifetime....

THey were pager salesman beforehand, maybe they were just bored. ANYONE can decode alpha pages with the proper equipment. Who wants to or has the time to do that sh** is beyond me, but to each their own....

As for the buff networks, Anyone know if Citywide NY or whatever it's called today has imporved portable coverage in Nassau, and even HAS coverage in Suffolk? It's essentially useless, or was at the Nassau Suffolk border on a portable, never tried on a mobile though.

As far as the brentwood buff club thing, he does not want outsiders in his buff club, it's only for his friends and co-workers, so that's sorta useless to anyone other than his friends at this point...

Someone's gotta have the radio gear, I've got antenna location....

Anyhow.....Anyone get the email re: First Responder thing today?
here it is if anyone did not get it.......

1st Responder Wireless News (1RWN), a subsidiary company of 1st Responder News, already very active, and recognized by most media outlets and Public Safety Officials as the "Industry Leader" in most of the East Coast States, sends incident alerts to pagers, cell phones, PDAs and e-mails.

1RWN has also recently launched our new Dispatcher Rewards Program, the most rewarding incentive program in the industry, which will allow our
Dispatchers to log into an online store and buy products ranging from; subscriptions to our 1st Responder Newspaper; to paid membership into one of our 1st Responder Radio Network affiliates (buff groups with 2-way radio coverage and/or photography groups in Long Island, MA, MD, NJ, NYC, PA and VA with more expected soon...); and so much more from over 300+ prizes (including Books, DVD, Police Scanners, Laptop and Desktop Computers, Clothing, Hunting & Fishing Gear, several hot tubs, a pool, a pontoon boat and so much more!), by using points earned by being active on our system! EVERY Dispatcher on our system will now reap rewards for their hard work, dedication and loyalty!

We are now active in AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MO, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, VI, VT, WA, WV and Canada. 1RWN has already acquired many well known Paging Notification Services including DC Firecom, TAC-9 Paging, East Coast Paging, Ohio Fire News, Maryland Fire Network, Virginia Fire Net, Toronto Fire Net, Metro Fire Paging and the National Incident News Network (NINN), with several additional under final negotiations! This is a very exciting time to become involved.

1RWN sends instant notifications for any newsworthy Police, Fire, Rescue, Traffic, Weather and Breaking News event within our coverage areas, to pagers, e-mail, cell phones, PDAs and to our online streaming tickers. The vast majority of our Dispatch Staff is comprised of Volunteer and Career Firefighters, Police/Sheriff Officers, Haz-Mat & Rescue Technicians, 911/ALS/Medevac Dispatchers, ALS, BLS & OEM Personnel and Skywarn Spotters, on local, county, state and federal levels.

1RWN has the industry's MOST COMPREHENSIVE Customer Interface selection process which allows our Subscribers to select EXACTLY what information they want to receive, from what areas and to what devices. In other words, you can select to receive JUST building collapse incidents in Yonkers to be sent to your cell phone, with bridge closures in Philadelphia being sent to your pager. You are no longer restricted to receiving ALL alerts from a region, now YOU decide what you receive from the average 16,000 monthly alerts sent from any of the areas we cover - 37 States, Washington DC, or Canada! Why setting for receiving alerts from half a State, areas you aren't interested in, when you can alerts from 1st Responder for the areas (towns and/or counties) YOU want, that YOU specify!

1RWN is actively looking for News Correspondents to become active as Incident Dispatchers for your area. If you are interested, or would like more information, please check out the website at www.1RWN.com and/or e-mail me at Scott@1RWN.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Scott M. Donnenberg
1st Responder Wireless News
General Manager

53 Route 17K
Newburgh, NY 12550
(908) 320-7067 PHONE
(908) 537-7703 FAX
Scott@1RWN.com
www.1RWN.com

"Where The News Gets Its News" (TM)

Why settle for the rest...when you can be with the best?

ALLPLOWEDOUT

delete thread?

Get real and stop whining, If you want the freqs removed there's better ways to go about that than asking for ANOTHER thread containing it to be DELETED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.