NYSP Frequency 155.565

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiend15

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Fellow scanners. I heard my first comms ever today here in Amsterdam on the State Police frequency of 155.565. They were using a PL Tone of 79.7, However I have also seen that they also use the PL Tone of 110.9. So I have decided to keep 155.565 Mhz in my scanner since I now know for a fact that it is used, It might not be used often here in Montgomery County, but it is in use. I'am going to keep 155.565 in my scanner in CSQ since multiple PL Tones are mentioned, what do you think good idea to use CSQ or not.

Thanks.

cookiend15

Banned
Interference

Joseph11 said:
If you don't get interference on it, keep it CSQ.

Nope I dont get any Interference on this frequency even in CSQ mode. This is the first time I have ever heard any communications at all on this frequency.

Thanks again for your input to my post.

storm777

Premium Subscriber
Chris, I am from Utica and this frequency is very active here. I keep it in CSQ and hear "in the clear" as well as encrypted transmissions daily. It is the primary channel used here by CNET (Community Narcotics Eforcement Team) as well as Troop D BCI. As you can imagine, CNET is VERY active here in Utica (crack central) and even though much of their daily activity is encrypted, the GOOD stuff (like just prior to a raid) is always in the clear because agencies like UPD SWAT, State Parole and Patrol Troopers tend to turn up using radios that do not have encryptability (or so I guess).

Either way, this is definitely a must-have in your scanner setup.

cookiend15

Banned
storm777 said:
Chris, I am from Utica and this frequency is very active here. I keep it in CSQ and hear "in the clear" as well as encrypted transmissions daily. It is the primary channel used here by CNET (Community Narcotics Eforcement Team) as well as Troop D BCI. As you can imagine, CNET is VERY active here in Utica (crack central) and even though much of their daily activity is encrypted, the GOOD stuff (like just prior to a raid) is always in the clear because agencies like UPD SWAT, State Parole and Patrol Troopers tend to turn up using radios that do not have encryptability (or so I guess).

Either way, this is definitely a must-have in your scanner setup.

Fellow scanner. Thank you for your input. What PL or DPL tones have you logged for 155.565

Thanks again.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Just so you know, 155.565 (79.7) is called 'F-8 TAC' here in Troop G radio programming. As for 155.565 (110.9), I'm not sure. I haven't seen it in recent program lists, however, there may be older radios (especially BCI units) where that could be part of the programming. Depending on the age of the radio, and the last time it was hit with programming can determine what is in it.

Kevin

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
My understanding was about a couple of years ago 155.565 became the primary car-to-car channel (quality NYSP source). This had to do with some of the cross-border operation and coordination with Canada. You will find 155.565 used quite a bit, praticually for special operations coordination, even by Troop T. I have personally logged 110.9, but I leave it CSQ as well, ya never know, right?

On a slightly off topic note. I am always amazed how much can be said on a radio without a listener actually knowing what is going on or where. (See Utica SWAT)

If you keep the crack in Utica, we will keep the Coke in Rome......

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
I think the issue was with New Hampshire State Police. They use 154.665 as one of their troop channels, and in P25 digital mode. I can hear that on occasion here in Albany, and I could hear that all the way up to Plattsburgh! Same with 156.210, which used to cause some problems with Clinton County Sheriff's (until they went 800).

Here is a 'sample' NYSP Troop G program. They have numerous 'systems' within the radio for each zone or region they work:

F-1 - local troop/zone channel pair
F-2 - Car to Car Statewide - 154.665 (110.9)
F-3 - Statewide - 154.695 (110.9 mobile TX only)
F-4 - COMDATA - 155.550 (110.9 mobile TX only)
F-5 - MRD - 155.370 (110.9 mobile TX only)
F-6 - National - 155.475 (110.9 mobile TX only, I think, may be CSQ)
F-7 - local troop/zone car to base monitor
F-8 - Tactical - 155.565 (79.7)
F-9 and up - local channels as they pertain to the specific zone or region, such as local Sheriff's channels, 911 polling channels, local pd's, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.