NY Waterway Ferry

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello..

Did some homework and the marine channels NY Waterway is using is Channel 13 and Channel 69.

Happy New Year.

Tony

Spec

Depending in what areas the water taxi is operating. In NY Harbor it can take place on 10, 12 and north of the GW Bridge on 13. Channel 69 is for non commercial water traffic.

n2nov

While Marine 69 is _supposed_ to be for non-commercial activity, NY Waterway has grabbed it for their operations. I came across this in 2000 while acting as Net Control for the Liberty Outrigger Race on the Hudson River and NY Harbor. The safety boats for the race were on 69 and kept getting stepped on by NY Waterway. I was using the radios on the NYC-RACES desk at NYC OEM (7WTC) with antennas about 50 stories up and told them that they were interfering. I was running both the Marine channel and the amateur radio frequency in support of the race.

Spec

Charles I also have had the same experience with several operations on the water I have been involved with. NY Waterway operates very much as it wants. Hailing them on their operating frequency at times can be an act in futility. At some point in time (I hope soon) the new narrow band channel assignments will be authorized for use. Then maybe Waterway will use one of the proper frequencies. Waterways does not do that north of the GW I guess due to the rec. boaters would hammer them on the radio.

SCANdal

Silent Key
They might be yet another Marine Channel user using a PL or DPL

Spec said:
NY Waterway operates very much as it wants. Hailing them on their operating frequency at times can be an act in futility.
Spec,

When you were trying to raise them, were you in carrier squelch?

SCANdal

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
NY WATERWAY

Does anyone know if New York waterway still uses marine channel 69

If not what channel do they use now?

danlewis

Feed Provider
I came across this old thread today after hearing NY Waterways Traffic (Molly Pitcher) on channel 69. So they are still there.

Analogrules

NYC East River and Rockaway Beach Ferry

I saw this posting and it reminded me, does anyone know which Marine channels the new NYC Ferry system uses (ferries to Rockaway Beach and to Brooklyn)?

Status
Not open for further replies.