RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > News and Events

News and Events Mother gives birth to bigfoot-like child! Africa sinks! If it happens you'll read it here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 7:54 PM

the problem i have with that article is that he says ACARS can be turned off, no it cant....the console can be disabled.... but the CPU portion CANNOT, it is FAIL-SAFE protected for a reason.... and the CPU is in a airborne "inaccessible" portion of the fuselage. basically its in a UN-pressurized compartment that if, it had been accessed during high altitude flight, the plane would have decompressed, and TBH, you would need to be on the outside of the plane to get into that avionics bay

Whats a Profile?!?!

HELP ME!! I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT THOSE ARE!!!

Semper Fi my Marine Corps Brothers!

OOOOORAH!!
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2014, 9:00 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
Seems plausible, good read.
Old 03-17-2014, 9:23 PM

Like I said.. Tin foil hat time
Old 03-17-2014, 9:45 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Re: Malaysia plane missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM571 View Post
Like I said.. Tin foil hat time
Obama has it stashed in a hangar in Newark?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2014, 10:27 PM

Malaysia is very corrupted, full of Dato's and other very important and influential personalities and cronies. Experts already commented on just about every possibility and scenario of the disappearance. I would like to ask airline officials: was there any other passengers on this flight not listed on official manifest, and if yes, who are they and why they there? I could be wrong but it can't be ruled out in Malaysia. I don't think for a second that official line adding up.
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboy View Post
Seems plausible, good read.
while seeming plausible.... read my quote....

Whats a Profile?!?!

OOOOORAH!!
Old 03-20-2014, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapStar362 View Post
while seeming plausible.... read my quote....
So, The aircraft pilot and co-pilot has the ability to depressurize the aircraft ? THAT is hard for me to believe / understand.

Pilot and co-pilot want to commit murder, an accidental triggering occurs to depressurize the aircraft, or a failure of the pressurization ( mechanical wise ) and the whole aircraft depressurizes at 30,000 to 40,000 feet. And yes, when they depressurized the aircraft - they took no chance with their own lives when they killed ( as reported by media - with premeditation ) the passengers by decompressing the aircraft.

Decompressing the aircraft ( even intentionally ) in no way risks structural damage to the aircraft? Who comes up with the stuff = " The pilots intentionally decompressed the aircraft to kill the passengers so they can fly to........................? "

FF - Medic !!!

http://www.vertexstandard.com/lmr/P25/VX-P920

Last edited by ff-medic; 03-20-2014 at 9:35 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 03-21-2014, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapStar362 View Post
the problem i have with that article is that he says ACARS can be turned off, no it cant....the console can be disabled.... but the CPU portion CANNOT, it is FAIL-SAFE protected for a reason.... and the CPU is in a airborne "inaccessible" portion of the fuselage. basically its in a UN-pressurized compartment that if, it had been accessed during high altitude flight, the plane would have decompressed, and TBH, you would need to be on the outside of the plane to get into that avionics bay
ACARS could be disabled in an electrical fire.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:10 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Whats up with the grainy satellite pictures? I thought we could read the numbers off a license plate with the satellite technology we have today?
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2014, 1:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Whats up with the grainy satellite pictures? I thought we could read the numbers off a license plate with the satellite technology we have today?
Depends on your definition of "we"...

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
Old 03-21-2014, 1:15 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Depends on your definition of "we"...
I guess Digital Globe is the we. They claim to have high resolution satellite capabilities. Look at their website. Check out some of the pictures. They look nothing like the shots of debris suspected to be from the plane. The debris pictures looks like they were taken with a Polaroid tapped to a shoe box 300 miles up in space. I admit Im no expert just sharing my opinion is all.

https://www.digitalglobe.com/

Last edited by N1RGR; 03-21-2014 at 2:28 PM..
Old 03-21-2014, 3:06 PM

Digital Globe is a civilian Satellite. This is the problem, none of the countries with Military Satellite technology want other to know what exactly they capable of. This in some way hampering the investigation due to willingness of sharing or data and exposing their capabilities. This issue was raised by experts number of times. But in general I agree none of the Satellites pickup flight direction, things just not adding up. It took Thailand one week to say they may pickup signal !! they didn't say anything before "because Malaysians didn't ask for it" how stupid is that.
Old 03-21-2014, 3:07 PM

Wouldn't it make more sense for 'them' to be scanning SatShots from that morning? If the resolution is such that 'they' think they can see debris partially submerged, maybe they could actually catch the thing in the air if a bird happened to be overhead at the right time.
Old 03-21-2014, 4:17 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense for 'them' to be scanning SatShots from that morning? If the resolution is such that 'they' think they can see debris partially submerged, maybe they could actually catch the thing in the air if a bird happened to be overhead at the right time.
Like this one.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2014, 6:14 PM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Well, where are we? Two weeks later, the families of those aboard MH370 are no closer to answers than day 1. All the public knows is a plane took off, went dark, turned west, and there was a satellite ping about 6 hours later. And there a number of countries and agencies are helping with SAR and data analysis.

One more thing we do know: the families in the hotels were forced to move because the F1 race has come to KL.

Everything else the public knows is speculation and conspiracy theories, not helped by the media gyrations. From a technology perspective, it is an interesting story.

The hardware flying in orbits around the planet are limited by resolution, speed, angles, and weather. Toss in one of the remotest areas of the world that allows only 3 hours of flying over a search area -- if it is a really a valid search area -- in the southern Indian Ocean and one can wonder if we'll ever have an answer.

It's an Amelia Earhart puzzle that, so far, defies explanation and logic.
Old 03-21-2014, 7:11 PM

At this point its at the bottom of the Ocean..Just where is the Question and how did it get there and why... It may never be found.
Old 03-21-2014, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM571 View Post
ACARS could be disabled in an electrical fire.
yes by fire, my comment was directed at "intentional" disabling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff-medic View Post
So, The aircraft pilot and co-pilot has the ability to depressurize the aircraft ? THAT is hard for me to believe / understand.

Pilot and co-pilot want to commit murder, an accidental triggering occurs to depressurize the aircraft, or a failure of the pressurization ( mechanical wise ) and the whole aircraft depressurizes at 30,000 to 40,000 feet. And yes, when they depressurized the aircraft - they took no chance with their own lives when they killed ( as reported by media - with premeditation ) the passengers by decompressing the aircraft.

Decompressing the aircraft ( even intentionally ) in no way risks structural damage to the aircraft? Who comes up with the stuff = " The pilots intentionally decompressed the aircraft to kill the passengers so they can fly to........................? "

FF - Medic !!!
yes actually they can manually control pressurization of the aircraft, should the autonomous systems fail. they can render the entire cabin to " lethal " level without causing structural damage, and contain themselves with oxygen apparatuses that are self contained to the person wearing them.

Whats a Profile?!?!

OOOOORAH!!
Old 03-21-2014, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsundstrom View Post
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

\The hardware flying in orbits around the planet are limited by resolution, speed, angles, and weather. Toss in one of the remotest areas of the world that allows only 3 hours of flying over a search area -- if it is a really a valid search area -- in the southern Indian Ocean and one can wonder if we'll ever have an answer.

Where do you think topographical maps come from? ---> Space-based radar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Space based radar - radar onboard satellites....and aircraft that can see through clouds.

I won't post everything here, simple research could yield volumes of knowledge of our military...especially our intelligence capabilities.

In a nutshell, I believe that someone knows who - what - when - where - how and why, but are not saying anything. Someone ( possibly abroad ) knows where that aircraft went down at. It is hard to defeat military radar.

No military aircraft intercept when the aircraft started having trouble. Planned? Neglegence? No care attitude?

FF - Medic !!!

http://www.vertexstandard.com/lmr/P25/VX-P920
Old 03-21-2014, 9:27 PM

Someones tin foil is too tight
Old 03-22-2014, 1:19 AM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I hardly expect military radar and satellites to be continually mapping the part of the Indian Ocean known as the "Roaring Forties". There is nothing topographical to look at -- unless you consider the tiny islands such as Heard, St Paul & Amsterdam as targets -- but only 10-40m high waves, whitecaps, and never-ending wind.

I stand by my comments of a few hours ago. The public knows only a few facts. Investigations and SAR continue. I would expect the the officials to know more than what is told to the public. Media ramps up theories and assumptions by hauling in experts. -- drives me crazy -- to drone on, and it doesn't help.

I do believe there will a push to include new satellite and ground communications systems in at least international flights. That may include more civilian radar and increased cooperation on sharing standardized civilian radar coverage. Perhaps that may include sending black box data while in flight, not just something to recover when and if. Retrofitting current planes will take time, but starting with international routes.

All of this doesn't help the families of the 239 souls waiting to hear.

By the way, Nicobar had 5 earthquakes on Friday. Other tidbits are being reported in the Asia and Pacific newspapers; I continue to update the news links at w2xq..com. interesting reading.

HTH.

HTH