RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > News and Events

News and Events Mother gives birth to bigfoot-like child! Africa sinks! If it happens you'll read it here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1RGR View Post
Like this one.
That one looks doctored somehow. Maybe it's one close to the ground on final approach?

But something along that line. I'm thinking the plane would me much, much smaller in the frame though. And of course, everything would have had to have been aligned just right to catch it..

Even if they caught the area just after it went down, there could be some hint in the frame.
Old 03-22-2014, 9:45 PM
Mentor
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Here is the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) MH370 press kit page with links to video, charts, everything official. Interesting info, updated regularly.

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/incidents/mh370-search.asp
Old 03-22-2014, 10:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsundstrom View Post
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Here is the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) MH370 press kit page with links to video, charts, everything official. Interesting info, updated regularly.

AMSA :: Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Thanks Tom!

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
Old 03-23-2014, 4:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsundstrom View Post

AMSA :: Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Hard to tell the relevant bits when half a post is gadget advertising.

The Aussies are talking about Apples and Geckos?
Old 03-23-2014, 8:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
Hard to tell the relevant bits when half a post is gadget advertising.

The Aussies are talking about Apples and Geckos?
I see no advertising...maybe I missed it???

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2014, 9:46 AM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default Malaysia plane missing

I think he's talking about the "Wirelessly posted" tag line that the mobile site tends to insert.

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlong View Post
I think he's talking about the "Wirelessly posted" tag line that the mobile site tends to insert.
Oh, I never really notice those so they don't annoy me.

What annoys me is people cluttering a thread with comments that have nothing to do with the original topic...like this comment...and several above it.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:20 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Search for flight 370

I was wondering if anyone knows, what areas in Australia one could listen to on broadcastify to possibly hear any traffic involving search planes?

I have tried the RAAF airport from which the planes are taking off, but it is now offline

I have to wonder if it is offline because of the search

Thanks for any help in advance .
Old 03-23-2014, 2:01 PM

This is thread may help you Search aircraft for Malasian Airlines aircraft?
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Mentor
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Breaking news at 04 UT Monday. AFP and Xinhua news agencies are reporting that one of the Chinese SAR aircraft, flying out of Perth, has found a large white object floating within the search area 1500 mi SW of WA. The one-liner statement is posted on Xinhua. BBC World News TV announced the news c.0415 UT, a few minutes ago.

(I just noted the mobile forum software is stamping the post in EST. I know the right time; don't be fooled.)

Last edited by trsundstrom; 03-23-2014 at 11:39 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 8:45 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Looks like a news conference set for any minute now.

Last edited by N1RGR; 03-24-2014 at 9:12 AM..
Old 03-24-2014, 8:49 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

News conference is 10:00AM EST. I think they finally have something!
Old 03-24-2014, 9:04 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Conformation from investigators in the UK analyzing satellite data that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean! Family members of the passengers were notified before the announcement was made. It appears all hope is now lost. Thoughts and prayers to the passengers and their families.

Last edited by N1RGR; 03-24-2014 at 9:47 AM..
Old 03-24-2014, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Conformation from investigators in the UK analyzing satellite data that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean! Family members of the passengers were notified before the announcement was made. It appears all hope is now lost. Thoughts and prayers to the passengers and their families.

NO WAYYYYYYY. It went down on the eastern side of Australia. Nooooooo, it went down South - West of Australia. NOOOOOOO......It went down in the North Atlantic. NOOOOOOO, It landed in South America...and is going to be used as a flying bomb ( nice to announce it so nations could not prepare for the attack ).

Geeeze, the Press is giving me a headache with all the changes in stories and press releases. Lies, speculation, rumors, and conjecture.

I wish those missing the best of wishes, and hope they are safe and sound. But "The aircraft went this direction".....Then " No...It went this direction." Fox - CNN - NBC - ABC aviation experts, criminal investigators ( federal level ) and Aircraft structural experts all do one thing......Contradict each other.

The story of the Malaysian plane is becoming very - very - very boring...and disinteresting.

Like the place where I work........"SOME" people story so bad.

FF - Medic !!!

http://www.vertexstandard.com/lmr/P25/VX-P920
Old 03-24-2014, 9:13 PM

Quote:
News conference is 10:00AM EST. I think they finally have something!

They thought that days and days ago. I think they either 1 - want publicity , 2- Want viewers to believe they "KNOW" what is going on, 3 - Are doing it for present or future financial gain by "Getting their statements" on the record...the record being the media.

If they would have launched Military aircraft when they lost the darn thing......We would most likely not be in this mess.

FF - Medic !!!

http://www.vertexstandard.com/lmr/P25/VX-P920
Sponsored links
Old 03-24-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff-medic View Post
If they would have launched Military aircraft when they lost the darn thing......We would most likely not be in this mess.
Nobody knew it was missing until it didn't show up in Beijing 5 or 6 hours later.

If I was going to put my finger on anybody's forehead it would be the Malay version of Gomer Pyle that was supposed to be watching Mil radar. Nobody has explained how an unidentified bogey was allowed to cross their area unchallenged.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:48 PM

Location: RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the SAM

I think it's time for all passenger aircraft to have a constant sat beacon that can't be disabled.

POLICING THE POLICE
Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
Nobody knew it was missing until it didn't show up in Beijing 5 or 6 hours later.
huh? they KNEW it was missing the moment it went silent..... ill take the "Gomer Pyle" theory here..

but then again, they KNEW which plane it was.... the Malay AF knew it turned around, but did nothing.... remember the "Suppressed" AF General ?

we tracked it from point of first "missing" to across the land into the Strait of Malacca? then it finally dove down under radar?

yup........ they just ignored it!

Whats a Profile?!?!

HELP ME!! I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT THOSE ARE!!!

Semper Fi my Marine Corps Brothers!

OOOOORAH!!
Old 03-26-2014, 7:08 PM

Both national civil and military air screwed the pooch, By the time they called the code red, the plane was probably down and the passengers were eaten by sharks. They've been lying to the families from the get-go until they try to prove it was a terrorist event by the pilot so they can avoid the mega million insurance payout that will be larger then their gross national product. If these politicians were any worse or more corrupt, they would be in our Congress.
Other data that nobody cares about.
Old 03-26-2014, 8:00 PM
Mentor
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

The Indian ocean is one of the remotest areas on the planet. Radar capabilities and technology expertise vary among countries that may well don't trust its neighbors. The mass of data to analyze is huge. The seach area is huge. It's akin to looking for a light plane in Sidney while standing on the runway in Perth. The weather and wave action in the Roaring Forties is difficult at best.

One might blame MAS for not handling passenger family communications very well. Inter-country relationships and
communications are formal at best.

I think the level of media speculation and conspiracy theory has made things worse. I hear some pretty dumb questions asked by reporters in the live press conferences; some questions are twisted and repeated.

I would be surprised to learn that Malaysian officials were deliberately deceptful. Trying to answer questions without having information is difficult.

I think the Aussies have the search mechanics and press under control, but the answer of what the human intervention was may never be known.

International aircraft tracking will change with the downing of MH370, but geosynchronous satellites cannot continously cover the planet pole-to-pole.

Last edited by trsundstrom; 03-26-2014 at 8:04 PM..