RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > News and Events

News and Events Mother gives birth to bigfoot-like child! Africa sinks! If it happens you'll read it here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 3:26 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Exclamation This drone can steal what's on your phone

This is scary

This drone can steal what's on your phone - Mar. 20, 2014

This drone can steal what's on your phone | Money - Home
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2014, 4:09 PM

I hope that drone has Armor Plating Time for some AA practice or to see if a Wicked Laser can down a drone like the YAL-1 747 from the ground
Old 04-07-2014, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo14
This is scary
Yes and thats why its stupid to have something like this!!

All this new technical trash is meant for one thing: TO TRACK EVERYONES EVERY MOVE!!!!!! (Its sickening how many ppl do not care)
Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 AM

i have a nice Remington 870 MCS waiting for one

Whats a Profile?!?!

HELP ME!! I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT THOSE ARE!!!

Semper Fi my Marine Corps Brothers!

OOOOORAH!!
Old 04-08-2014, 3:35 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

Every time I see anyone advocating or threatening to shoot down a drone, I have to wonder if they're really thinking this action through?
1) I don't know about your state, but in Arizona, it is illegal (and a felony) to discharge a firearm inside city limits, or within a certain distance from occupied dwellings outside city limits.
2) Whoever owns said drone would have you prosecuted to the fullest extent for destruction of their property, in addition to the first criminal act. And would probably send in their SWAT team to arrest you.
3) When that drone then crashes into your neighbors occupied home, or homes, you've probably just added multiple counts of negligent homicide, manslaughter or even 2nd degree homicide to the list of charges against you. Not to mention the probability of starting multiple fires throughout your neighborhood, or the wildland fire you could start outside city limits. How popular do you think you'll be for shooting down a drone, after that happens?
Are you people even considering any of these possible outcomes? Smh...
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2014, 9:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7MIB View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

Every time I see anyone advocating or threatening to shoot down a drone, I have to wonder if they're really thinking this action through?
1) I don't know about your state, but in Arizona, it is illegal (and a felony) to discharge a firearm inside city limits, or within a certain distance from occupied dwellings outside city limits.
2) Whoever owns said drone would have you prosecuted to the fullest extent for destruction of their property, in addition to the first criminal act. And would probably send in their SWAT team to arrest you.
3) When that drone then crashes into your neighbors occupied home, or homes, you've probably just added multiple counts of negligent homicide, manslaughter or even 2nd degree homicide to the list of charges against you. Not to mention the probability of starting multiple fires throughout your neighborhood, or the wildland fire you could start outside city limits. How popular do you think you'll be for shooting down a drone, after that happens?

okay so did you even see the size of THIS drone......?? did you even bother looking at the video at the start of the thread here.... i bet you didnt, because this is not a MQ-1 Predator filled with Aviation or JP4 Fuel... its the size of a basketball.... a battery powered quad copter drone.........troll more. 12 gauge shotty would turn that thing into small pieces not identifiable anymore.......

and while im thinking of it, are YOU thinking of even reading the heading article before making such non-sense replies?

Whats a Profile?!?!

OOOOORAH!!

Last edited by CapStar362; 04-08-2014 at 9:18 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 9:17 AM

Quote:

After reading this i am wondering if YOU thought thru your post at all ....... some leaps of logic in this post
Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapStar362 View Post
12 gauge shotty would turn that thing into small pieces not identifiable anymore.......
That would be hilarious to see. Although, a small fragment might impale a tree-based chipmunk.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:34 PM

hate chipmunks too!! blast them every chance i get

Whats a Profile?!?!

OOOOORAH!!
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2014, 12:42 PM

Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.

Please. If you think this technology is anything new, or that the NSA doesn't have a grown-up version of this little playtoy hovering above us in space somewhere, you really need to wake up and realize that in this digital age there is NO such thing as privacy. That horse left the barn a long, long time ago.

-AZ
Old 04-08-2014, 12:53 PM

still gonna try let me catch one of those things near my phone..... chink chink..... KAPLOOOWIE!

"Hey Look!" it raining electronics and plastics!

Whats a Profile?!?!

OOOOORAH!!
Old 04-08-2014, 2:30 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Please strap a GoPro to your head before you do!
Old 04-08-2014, 2:34 PM

WITH PLEASURE!!

LOL!!

cant afford a gopro, but i can try my Droid Ultra 0.o

it will record full 1080

whats funny is, im waiting for KB7 to come back online.... cant wait for this repsonse

i also noticed he has MIB on his name? coincidence? JK!!!

also toying the idea of trying out my Brother's Benelli M4 with Zinc Breaching rounds if i see one..... now THATS worth recording

those Zinc Breaching rounds vaporize soft plastics

Whats a Profile?!?!

OOOOORAH!!
Old 04-08-2014, 4:44 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

That drone only pertains to android based smartphones, and ONLY if you're foolish enough to have your wi-fi or sharing services turned on. I will not have a android, or gps equipped phone for that reason. 73, n9zas
Old 04-08-2014, 8:18 PM

GPS cant share anything....only receive, unless you have layers turned on, in say Google Maps like Traffic

Whats a Profile?!?!

OOOOORAH!!
Sponsored links

Old 04-08-2014, 9:08 PM

Quote:

Ummmmmm, you might want to actually read this one.

It's drone season!

And quit being so dramatic.

It's every bit as illegal to spy on a citizen without warrant as it is to destroy government property. Hey, we're just collecting evidence by shooting them down.
Old 04-08-2014, 9:18 PM

Default This drone can steal what's on your phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essexscan View Post
I hope that drone has Armor Plating Time for some AA practice or to see if a Wicked Laser can down a drone like the YAL-1 747 from the ground

Normally it's hard to get someone to paint a target with a laser. It's rare to get a target to paint themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapStar362 View Post
i have a nice Remington 870 MCS waiting for one

I can't speak for the drone in the story but the one I built doesn't get within 75 meters of the target unless I'm looking for Bluetooth/RFID. Also the general idea if these drones is you can position them in light traffic areas and power the motors down leaving the radio active.

By the time you realized you got got, it's to late. At that point shoot away, it's a company built asset used for penetration testing and EW simulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gewecke View Post
That drone only pertains to android based smartphones, and ONLY if you're foolish enough to have your wi-fi or sharing services turned on. I will not have a android, or gps equipped phone for that reason. 73, n9zas

It's any device that uses 802.12. The fact that iPhones don't actively beacon is easy to over come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feets View Post
Ummmmmm, you might want to actually read this one.

It's drone season!

And quit being so dramatic.

It's every bit as illegal to spy on a citizen without warrant as it is to destroy government property. Hey, we're just collecting evidence by shooting them down.

The only thing dramatic is people thinking the would be targeted by something like this. If a little bit of research was done the article mentioning hackers is actually a dramatic flair for a reporter writing about a security researcher from a company that specializes in research.

http://research.sensepost.com/tools/footprinting/snoopy

You will also notice the project is a few years old. I'm in the same business: companies pay me to test their security like a hacker would. In some cases like a well motivated, well funded attacker would. Before drones we used RC helicopters with USRPs in rugged cases.

People even used model rockets:
http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/273

This isn't new, it's not even cutting edge, it was a slow news cycle. You should see what we do now. Hackers who want to get the most return for smallest effort would not bother with drones, ROI is way to low. It would be easier to encode a exploit in a rtf document and cover it with pics of drones getting shot and spam you with it.

Last edited by MikeOxlong; 04-09-2014 at 1:16 PM.. Reason: Combined replies into one thread.