RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > News and Events

News and Events Mother gives birth to bigfoot-like child! Africa sinks! If it happens you'll read it here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 9:29 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2370bruce View Post
This will never end until the last Hamas member is put to death. You don't cure a plague until the rats have been disposed of.I doubt that it would get Hezbollas to chill out but may contain them to Lebanon fun and games.
You can not simply contain radical Islam one country. They are the cancer of the whole Middle East. They come in many forms...ISIS,Hamas,Hezbollah it doesn't matter. They are all radical Islamic jihadists! I ask you what good do they bring into the world? While I agree with you here in this thread you ridicule me in another thread calling me a fear monger when I speak of the dangers of these radical groups in the world.
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberthree View Post
@ CaptStar362 I call it a horrific sound because its loud anywhere on the base, when I am there. Most of the time, I am off the base and can see the rounds light up the mortar rounds going to the base. You can't forget pilots in the gunship with similar caliber weapon systems that light up vehicles and the aftermath when we go to confirm what the pilots did. It was either from an A-10 or an Apache, on very rare occasion there will be an F-15, but they normally drop ordnance.

as for stray bullets, no I wasn't referring to the C-RAM rounds being stray, I was referring to the insurgents that randomly fire rounds into the base, normally it is just a random burst onto the base, nothing accurate. The last time that happened, other than my dismount incident, a round ripped through the portable building where people get their hair cuts and struck a soldier who was getting a haircut. We had a bad incident where, the C-RAM missed 2 out of 5 mortar rounds coming in and hit the chow hall, 18 people were hurt pretty bad. It sure as hell scared my new guys, as it was the 2nd day they were there, and they had to witness the whole thing.

I am aware that the M246 round is supposed to self detonate after tracer burn out, but on occasion you will find that maybe 1 or 2 rounds out of a burst will not self detonate, You can usually tell when you watch the tracers, and as the self detonate you will notice a few that will just keep going and you don't see a detonation. I think what probably happened is when the other rounds detonate too close to the next one, a piece of shrapnel most likely strike the round that is about to detonate, and destroys the arming system inside the fuze, but that's just my speculation.

That is pretty sweet that the 1B Block can attack ground and water borne targets now, I can only imagine what is left after the job is done!

Yes I was MIL until I was injured from a blast in 2008, I was a Scout in the Reconnaissance PLT, I am now a civilian range master at a civilian gun range, not quite the same but it gets me through the day. I don't know too much of the terminology for the C-RAM system, I just know it does a very good job, considering what it is doing.

nice, 0351 Anti-tank Systems Gunner here. USMC 3/5 C , was 3 mikes shy of Fallujah. got rerouted at last 30 minutes of deploying out of the pigs en-route, picked up and heaved over to battle couple of heavy vehicles. then somehow got flanked in that battle, got pinned down by a marksman .... don't know what he was using but sounded a large caliber weapon of sniper class... but had two unit brothers die in my arms, one a round through the neck, the other, split his heart in half. wound up forcing to use one of my SRAW tubes to collapse the improvised tower he was in, but not before taking a round myself, though very light damage.... got that punk!! got back to FOB, found out i was at my cycle end.... promptly visited my buddies, and went home.....

i know how loud those things are, being up close for demo days of Phalanx on the Wasp, made you vibrate all through your body

OOOOORAH!!
Old 07-20-2014, 3:54 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Israeli drones buzzing overhead and occasional explosions on this feed
Gaza Twin Camz on USTREAM: . World News
Old 07-20-2014, 4:04 PM
Database Admin

Israeli soldier captured according to Hamas television. Lots of cheering and celebratory gunfire can be heard in the background.
Old 07-20-2014, 4:14 PM
Database Admin

Another live stream here
OccupiedAir, Ustream.TV Gaza Feed

Old 07-20-2014, 4:21 PM
Database Admin

Occasional video of Gaza skyline on the Retuers feed on SatMex 6 (113W)
Transponder: 12046.580 MHz
Polarization: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 14300.057 Ks
FEC: 3/5
Modulation: 8PSK
Standard: DVB-S2
-
Old 07-20-2014, 5:38 PM
Database Admin

Another feed
Jehad Saftawi on USTREAM: Jehad Saftawi is a photojournalist based in Gaza City and works with the Institute for Middle East Understanding.. World News
Old 07-20-2014, 7:44 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for sharing the links Brandon!
Old 07-20-2014, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2370bruce View Post
This will never end until the last Hamas member is put to death.
Or the last Israeli.

This has been going on for centuries and will continue for centuries.

Old 07-20-2014, 8:15 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Psalm 83:1-4

O God, do not remain silent;
do not turn a deaf ear,
do not stand aloof, O God.

See how your enemies growl,
how your foes rear their heads
With cunning they conspire against your people;
they plot against those you cherish.

“Come,” they say, “let us destroy them as a nation,
so that Israel’s name is remembered no more.”
Old 07-21-2014, 1:26 AM
Database Admin

ABC NewsOne feeding a Gaza skyline picture as well on Galaxy 17 @ 91W

Transponder: 12010.081 MHz
Polarization: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 11574.514 Ks
FEC: 3/4
Modulation: QPSK
Standard: DVB-S
-

Screenshots from the past couple minutes.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 2:25 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Netanyahu, Israel using missile defense to protect its civilians and Hamas is using civilians to protect its rockets.
Israel's Leader Perfectly Defends His Country in Just 3 Minutes [WATCH VIDEO]
Old 07-24-2014, 3:35 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Israeli IDF forces entering Gaza.
Israeli Defense Forces Enter Gaza City 7/24/14, OccupiedAir OccupiedAir on USTREAM. Other 24/7
Old 07-24-2014, 5:30 PM
Database Admin

Large protests happening now in the West Bank. Third Intifada?
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 6:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Looks like Gaza is in darkness tonight. I wonder if IDF took out their power plant?
View live stream from #Gaza - Al Jazeera Blogs
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2014, 7:47 PM
Mentor
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

CNN was caught flat-footed by the Israeli ambassador. Whoa baby. http://www.caintv.com/isareals-u.s.ambassador-appear Look at the video at page bottom.
Old 07-27-2014, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsundstrom View Post
CNN was caught flat-footed by the Israeli ambassador. Whoa baby. Politics: Israel's U.S. Ambassador appears on CNN - destroys CNN's biased reporting | Best of Cain Look at the video at page bottom.
Heh. That author cracked me up. Claiming CNN is biased against Israehole is quite funny. I got a kick out of it.

He is correct about some things. CNN is leftist and heavily favored Clinton. I'm not sure how that makes CNN anti-Israehole biased. Jews in the US vote heavily Democratic. 70% of the Jewish vote went to Obama. So, how is it that the "far left can't stand Israel" when they are Jews? These are often dual citizens of US-Israel.

And then there is this little tidbit about what Jews think of Clinton and Israel:

Quote:
Eighty-two percent of American Jews support a two-state solution; 76 percent want the president to put forward a peace plan, and 84 percent support the appointment of former president Bill Clinton as a special envoy.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/13/op...vote.html?_r=0

And then there is CNN's main man, Wolf Blitzer:

Quote:
Blitzer was born in Augsburg, Germany,[2][3] the son of Cesia Blitzer (née Zylberfuden), a homemaker, and David Blitzer, a home builder.[4][5][6] His parents were Jewish refugees from Poland, and Holocaust survivors.[7] He was raised in Buffalo, New York. Blitzer graduated from Kenmore West Senior High School and received a Bachelor of Arts in history from the University at Buffalo in 1970. While there, he was a brother of Alpha Epsilon Pi. In 1972, he received a Master of Arts in international relations from the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies. While at Johns Hopkins, Blitzer studied abroad at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, where he learned Hebrew.[8]
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/13/op...vote.html?_r=0

And then there is the claim that CNN's founder Ted Turner is somehow proof that CNN is anti-Israel biased. Ted turner doesn't own CNN. Time Warner does.

CNN is highly Pro Israehole biased in it's reporting. Hell, even RGR has been using CNN links. It's the propaganda station I watch daily.

Conservatives and liberals say the goofiest things to attack each other.

Last edited by feets; 07-27-2014 at 2:57 PM..
Old 07-27-2014, 5:34 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

After 5 broken cease fires by the terrorist group Hamas Israel vows to do what ever it takes to rid Hamas from the region!
Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu vows Israel will do 'whatever is necessary' in fight with Hamas | Fox News
Old 07-30-2014, 3:08 AM
Database Admin

Watching the live feed right now and they are dropping thousands of leaflets over Gaza City.
Links to video streams at this website: HAPPENING WATCH 24/7 | GAZA HAPPENING
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2014, 12:53 PM

leaflets don't kill kids, US made bombs do.