Any big fires in Stokes County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I heard an announcement on Gaston County fire dispatch stating that any personnel who wanted to be on a paid NCFS crew to go for a week to Stokes County should make contact and be prepared to leave Saturday the 29th (today).

Anything big going on? I used to only listen to Gaston stuff when I was in the area, but have been listening more lately and I have never heard this before.

CCHLLM

300+ acres so far according to the media, steep rocky terrain - too steep for the fire plows, no roads into the majority of the fire area, most of it requiring hand lines and top-down work with pumper-tankers, high winds even at night, humidities in the teens at times, several multi-million dollar radio tower sites, vacation and permanent homes, etc. Stokes County's F2 tactical repeater freq (151.205 PL 192.8) is the fire command channel, NCFS ops is on D10 Tac 1 (151.265 PL 110.9), and it's really been something to listen to for the past 4 days. Had a blowout somewhere in the lines during the wee hours this morning, they managed to subdue it, then the rain moved in and helped quench the intensity. Even with the last few hours of rain there's still quite a bit of radio action on the Stokes tac repeater.

Last edited:

MBennett

Premium Subscriber
Sauratown Mtn Fire

Hi guys they are really active on the Winston Salem / Forsyth County 800 MHz Radio System TALKGROUP FCFD C8 has been patched to the STOKES COUNTY FIRE F-2 151.205/159.060 PL 192.8 for the last couple of days and it has been very intresting.

Status
Not open for further replies.