NC Wildlife Commission, first time I've heard this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

padre29

I've been monitoring the oddball frq's this Memorial Day weekend and the NC wildlife Commission has been surprisingly busy so far this weekend checking fishing licenses and such.

But on 159.315, I heard them so something different, they ran a boat's registration on Saturday, the owner was from GA and registered there, and it came back "fine".

Is this common for the NC Wildlife officers to do in other parts of North Carolina?

Last edited:

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
The WRC does frequently check boaters on the state's various lakes, when they are on the water. A heavy holiday weekend like this one will be sure to see as many of them as possible on the waters. Keep in mind too that they are the only ones in the state who investigate boat crashes/collisions on inland waters. Local LE agencies supplement them for other duties on the waters.

ki4rvh

padre29 said:
I've been monitoring the oddball frq's this Memorial Day weekend and the NC wildlife Commission has been surprisingly busy so far this weekend checking fishing licenses and such.

But on 159.315, I heard them so something different, they ran a boat's registration on Saturday, the owner was from GA and registered there, and it came back "fine".

Is this common for the NC Wildlife officers to do in other parts of North Carolina?

They said on the news Friday that several of the local police boats had "high powered radios" installed in them so the could communicate with Wildlife. I heard a Char-Meck PD boat call into Raleigh to give a message to a Wildlife officer on Lake Wiley earlier in the week. I've not heard them on before. The new communications capability may be the reason you're hearing more traffic? I've had it on since I started typing this and I've heard them call in 2. They do seem to be very busy.

Chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.