new USCG aux freqs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
According to many internet sources the USCG aux (as have other gov't agencies) have switched to narrow band transmitters. In doing so they have had a change in their channel lineup. does anyone know the new channel lineup for the USCG aux? More specifically any repeaters or simplex frequencies in use near Charlotte that might cover Lake Norman?

Jon
N4ZVY
Cornelius, NC

ecps92

You will find them here
http://forms.cgaux.org/archive/a7004f.pdf
Report back as to what you hear/find including CTCSS

jplyler said:
According to many internet sources the USCG aux (as have other gov't agencies) have switched to narrow band transmitters. In doing so they have had a change in their channel lineup. does anyone know the new channel lineup for the USCG aux? More specifically any repeaters or simplex frequencies in use near Charlotte that might cover Lake Norman?

Jon
N4ZVY
Cornelius, NC

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
They usually use the regular marine band frequencies, I will double check what the working channel is but I think it is either 21 or 23.

ecps92

Grog, we are discussing the USCG Aux channels, not VHF Marine. The USCG Aux has it's own band plan, just like CAP does outside the AERO Channels.

Grog said:
They usually use the regular marine band frequencies, I will double check what the working channel is but I think it is either 21 or 23.

Grog

Banned
ecps92 said:
Grog, we are discussing the USCG Aux channels, not VHF Marine. The USCG Aux has it's own band plan, just like CAP does outside the AERO Channels.

Unlike many on this forum, I am not retarded and am capable of reading.

He asked about the USCG aux on Lake Norman NC. I gave him an answer as I know someone who works Lake Norman with the USCG aux, I've sat right next to him while he was working an incident.

So while the USCG aux might never use the marine band in the land of the kennedys, they do use it in the area he was asking about.

ecps92

The USCG Aux does utilize the VHF Marine band here in the Land of the Kennedy's, however the question was about the switch to NARROW BAND and a change in the channel line up, which means the NON Marine allocations for the Aux.

VHF Marine has not changed.

Unlike many on this forum, I am not retarded and am capable of reading.

He asked about the USCG aux on Lake Norman NC. I gave him an answer as I know someone who works Lake Norman with the USCG aux, I've sat right next to him while he was working an incident.

So while the USCG aux might never use the marine band in the land of the kennedys, they do use it in the area he was asking about.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
jplyler, I do not know if this is what you are talking about but this was just relased from Monitoring Times for the new USCG Auxilary Channels.

138.4750 Nationwide US Coast Guard Auxiliary
142.8250 Nationwide US Coast Guard Auxiliary
143.4750 Nationwide US Coast Guard Auxiliary
143.2800 Nationwide US Coast Guard Auxiliary
149.2000 Nationwide US Coast Guard Auxiliary
150.7000 Nationwide US Coast Guard Auxiliary
156.3000 VHF Marine Channel Channel 6
156.3750 VHF Marine Channel Channel 67
156.6000 VHF Marine Channel Channel 12
156.6500 VHF Marine Channel Channel 13
156.7000 VHF Marine Channel Channel 14
156.8000 VHF Marine Channel Safety and Calling Channel 16
157.0500 VHF Marine Channel Channel 21
157.0750 VHF Marine Channel Channel 81
157.1000 VHF Marine Channel Channel 22
157.1500 VHF Marine Channel Channel 23
157.1750 VHF Marine Channel Channel 83
162.3250 Law Enforcement R/out
163.0500 Law Enforcement
165.2625 Law Enforcement/Security
165.3375 Miscellaneous
168.3000 Nationwide US Coast Guard Auxiliary
171.2375 Miscellaneous
171.3125 Miscellaneous
171.3375 Miscellaneous
171.3625 Miscellaneous
407.6250 Miscellaneous

Grog

Banned
The USCG Aux does utilize the VHF Marine band here in the Land of the Kennedy's, however the question was about the switch to NARROW BAND and a change in the channel line up, which means the NON Marine allocations for the Aux.

VHF Marine has not changed.

Why don't you post everything you want to say instead of sending me PMS? I can assure you I have no desire to have private talks with you :roll:

The OP also asked about what was used on Lake Norman, and I gave him a true answer since I am just a few miles from Lake Norman and am up there every week.

More specifically any repeaters or simplex frequencies in use near Charlotte that might cover Lake Norman?

that is just sad and totally uncalled for.....has no place here or anywhere.

He brought his attitude here first, so he can take it.

ecps92

:) Some folks just need to remember, if they want to ZING, send a PM not over the lists.

Discussions and Education are what the boards are about. Not everyone knows everything and One item to remember is "Your Milage May Vary". What occurs up here "in the land of the Kennedy's" is not what occurs in the Big City, Big Valley or Back Woods. And altho there are National Allocations, keep SEARCH'n Search'n Search'n. It's amazing what you will find.

that is just sad and totally uncalled for.....has no place here or anywhere.

ecps92, please don't judge all of us on the NC group by this one reply.....

Barefootdipole

Grog

Banned
I guess ecps92 is my stalker, why else would he keep sending me PMs after I tell him I have no interest in any private talks with him :roll:

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
No need to get any panties in a wad here, it was a simple question. Thanks all for the info. Those freqs are consistent with the ones I have. I'll try to confirm some of these since I live right near the lake. I'm very interested in knowing exactly how the agencies patrolling the lake communicate. The next question will be if there is any interoperability between them (other than cell phones or Nextel): CMPD, NC Wildlife, USCG aux, Lincoln Co, Iredell Co, Catawba Co.

Jon

blinddog50

99.9% NO.
The only interoperability between them would be though VIPER.
That would probably only occur if something happened at McGuire.
USCG aux would be out of the loop completely.
Each agency pretty much have their own turf they patrol on the lake as several county lines run though it and the river.
The incident last week when a man drowned in a boating accident on Mountain Island Lake showed no interoperability between the agencies from several different counties.
I know several people that were there with the recovery effort and their best way to communicate was face to face.

Grog

Banned
The next question will be if there is any interoperability between them (other than cell phones or Nextel): CMPD, NC Wildlife, USCG aux, Lincoln Co, Iredell Co, Catawba Co.

Denver FD (Lincoln Co) has a marine radio on their boat now, not sure how much true coordination of ops there are between the AUX and locals though. I will do some checking for you however. I will also check on what the flotilla has at their building. I won't see my contact until tomorrow though...

Grog

Banned
The only interoperability between them would be though VIPER.

I would not say that, there are ways to talk to each other without viper. People just have to know about them, and actually train and have the access to use them. I know how the Lincoln fire departments HTs are programmed, and except for state fire and rescue, there are none of the available interop frequencies programmed.

While Catawba has a few 800mhz HTs, you would likely never see them sent down to the lake for something that is not an 11 on a "oh hell" scale of 1-10.

I have not heard that Lincoln has ANY radios that can access viper, and if they did, they would likely stay at the 911 center or the EOC anyway for the above issues.

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
I think you guys are right. I'll keep my ears out and let you know what I hear. I think I'm going to set my 396 on virtual control all weekend and let it log-away w/ the auto record enabled. I know there are wildlife unit to unit comms on 159.315 for local stuff. I thought I heard that CMPD had capability to talk to wildlife on VHF but I haven't confirmed anything. Now that VIPER is up and running you would think that having interop capability would be a no-brainer but I guess not. Also, There is a North Lakes mutual aid channel on the CharMeck system that seems like it would be designated for such use.

Jon

Grog

Banned
It's all about $$$$$$$$ How much would a fancy-pants trunking HT cost VS a simple VHF one?

I keep talking about them, but get a ton of the standard horizon HX370S HTs, program a bunch (up to 40) VHF interop channels and also have the full VHF marine segment for use on the lake.

Naw, that's too simple for the government to do.

blinddog50

Speaking of interop channels the counties should have access to VHF, UHF and 800mhz ITAC channels.
You would think.

Grog, gonna try to make it to the SKYWARN class on Sat.
Maybe see you there.

Grog

Banned
Speaking of interop channels the counties should have access to VHF, UHF and 800mhz ITAC channels. You would think.

What they have and should have are two different things :lol: But yes, when you consider that most of the people working an incident would be using VHF, they should have more than what they do have. There has been some good use of state rescue and state fire over the years, but State Fire is also used as a tac channel in Eastern Lincoln County as TAC-3 (154.280 107.2ctcss)..

Besides anyone from Meck, I think everyone else is still on VHF, right?

Grog, gonna try to make it to the SKYWARN class on Sat.
Maybe see you there.

I'll be the fat guy.....

Wait, it will be full of hams, that's not good enough of a description :lol:

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting a lot of traffic on 150.700 (149.200 input??) pl114.8. I know there was (and apparently is) a AUXNET repeater in the area with remote base (which scans multiple CG channels) but I've never heard any traffic until now. Non stop traffic from near and far over the remote base. Pretty interesting.

Also, caught NOAA WX being broadcast over marine 81A last night.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.