City of Gastonia PD now on Charmeck TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonus1331

Had a bunch of UNID TG's I had found through Unitrunker programmed in the last couple of weeks.
Looks like Gastonia PD is now live on TG 21424
Identified as Channel 1
Addresses mentioned:
Marietta and Garrison
West 7th st
Madison St.
Radio quality sounds just as good as their UHF/VHF....teriible and muddled.
Will be running Unitrunker and will update with any additional information.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
....pours one on the curb for true interoperability....

Guess I'll grab the scanner out of the truck and see what is active, thanks for the update....

Grog

Banned
Did you happen to also monitor the UHF channels to see if they were simulcasting or just testing? They are active on their usual UHF channels right now, nothing on the Gastonia tower but the CC.

I'll remember tomorrow and bring a couple extra scanners so I can "park" them on the southpoint and Gastonia towers as well as scanning the UHF conventional stuff too.

bonus1331

Tried, but I'm just too far away to PU their UHF channels. Can only PU Gaston SO intermittantly.
Have had Unitrunker running all day and haven't seen any other TG's pop up yet. This would make me think that they are still simulcasting. Otherwise I would be seeing/hearing new talkaround/TAC channels showing up.
Interesting item is that this TG (21424) is only showing 1 user ID of 65067 irregardless of whether dispatch or a patrol unit is talking....strange

Just checked and no transmissions since 17:09.
They must just be testing. However, they were running on Charmeck since this morning.

Did you happen to also monitor the UHF channels to see if they were simulcasting or just testing? They are active on their usual UHF channels right now, nothing on the Gastonia tower but the CC.

I'll remember tomorrow and bring a couple extra scanners so I can "park" them on the southpoint and Gastonia towers as well as scanning the UHF conventional stuff too.

Last edited:

Grog

Banned
Ok, I have to reprogram a new group to test. For the Gastonia tower I just programmed the new CC and locked out the rest of the usual char/meck frequencies, then I ran it in open mode on my char/meck law enforcement bank.

I'll have to break out win97 and lock out all the TGs to monitor southpoint in open mode. Guess I could do that by hand....be back in an hour :lol:

edit....duh....

I forgot I have a Fire/EMS bank as well, so there is no way I can monitor southpoint in open mode since I don't have enough room to program and lockout the busy TGs....

Ok, well I will think about this for a few minutes.....

Last edited:

Grog

Banned
They had CH 1 (453.600) closed for awhile and all traffic was dispatched on CH 2 (460.150). I did not hear why the channel was closed, just that it was back open for use.

CH 2 does get quite busy at times as well so you might see another TG popping up if they have that linked too.

Grog

Banned
Are you hearing a lot of traffic? Everytime I know there will be a reply I switch back to 800 and never get a hit on that TG...

Yeah, I'm going to have to bring some extra radio gear to work tomorrow :lol:

kg4pbd

I'm hearing Gaston on UHF but I'm not copying them on the trs on 21424
(ignore that, I was copying Gaston SO, not city, I can't pick Gastonia up here either).

Last edited:

bonus1331

Since I started running Unitrunker yesterday morning at 9 a.m. there have been 547 hits, so yes there was tons of traffic.

However, there have been no hits since 3:47 this morning. Makes me think testing or issues with the 800 interface.

Searay

Premium Subscriber
New Char/Meck site

Why are the new sites in Gaston County not listed as sites on the Char/Meck system in the database? Has anyone submitted the information?

I did notice that the Char/Meck system does list a site #2 with a frequency of 859.5375 attached to license #WNGU623. This license is for sites already in use in Meck County. These may be frequencies they plan on using for the 7.X upgrade they are planning. This frequency, 859.5375, is licensed in Gaston County under license #WQIC888 at the tower at Gastonia PD. Should this be the license associated with Site 2?

Last edited:

Grog

Banned
When pboy aimed his beam my way, Gastonia showed up as site # 2 with an alternate CC of 859.1875.

Not sure about submitting any info as the Gastonia tower is still waiting on the fifth frequency to be approved. All we have so far is...

I know pboy listed the Cherryville site info, likely in the main Char/Meck thread.

Right now I have the pro94 on the Gastonia site, the 246T locked on City CH 1 UHF and the pro97 scanning the southpoint site in open mode to see if anything pops up on either 800mhz site the same time as on UHF.

Grog

Banned
Interesting item is that this TG (21424) is only showing 1 user ID of 65067 irregardless of whether dispatch or a patrol unit is talking....strange

What do you think of them not really being on 800mhz, but just testing a patch?

I really do not see them switching radios mid-shift and then back to UHF.

Grog

Banned
Just had a blip on 21424 on the Gastonia site, just a radio keyed up for a split second.

CH 1 UHF is busy with a bad wreck on I-85 northbound near exit 20.....

Grog

Banned
The link is active on the Gastonia tower, with CH 1 active in 21424. It scared the heck out of me when the pro94 started talking :lol:

I'll see how long it is linked for...

bonus1331

Started logging again at 20:34. Weird, just stated Channel # 2, but sure they stated Ch 1 last night.
Grog, Is it being simulcast?
Not sure why the off again, on again aspect.

Grog

Banned
They are simulcasting CH 1 UHF with 21424 on the Gastonia 800mhz site. I'm going to switch over to the southpoint tower next and see what I get.

Ok, they have 21424 running on the southpoint tower as well with CH 1 UHF traffic. I'll scan CH 2 & 3 UHF and see if there are any other TGs that pop up.

bonus1331

I'm not seeing any hits with that TG (21456) with UT monitoring 858.4875 (South site).
What is the CC for the Gastonia site?

Grog

Banned

9:52pm edit

Still linking CH 1 UHF to Gastonia and southpoint sites and CH 2 UHF to Gastonia site only....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.