Union County Sherrifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbp1968

I have recently been experiencing lots of static on Union County Sherrifs frequency. I have heard that they are upgrading to 800 mgz and was wondering if that is the reason for all the static. It's just there frequency because all other are clear....Any thoughts on this?

kd8x

I noticed the static also and last night even heard a trunking machine-gun type signal being broadcast right over the 453.850 voice channel. So this would indicate to me that something is going on related to 800 mhz. Or maybe the operator of the radio had a scanner tuned to that frequency and had his/her mic keyed and it just picked it up that way....interesting in the next few months perhaps????

wbp1968

I appreciate your response. I thought that it was probably the fact that they are in the process of the upgrade. All my other frequecies that I listen to are crystal clear. I recently bought the new Radio Shack PRO-162 scanner.

bonus1331

Live in Stallings and haven't heard anything out of the ordinary or any extra noise on any of the SO, FD, or Monroe PD channels.
Is there one in particular that your talking about?

wbp1968

union county sherriff frequency 453.8500 and 453.9250.....all other frequencies come in loud and clear....It's been this way for about 3 weeks....

wbp1968

I live in Indian Trail to so I know I have good signal...It's just recently become a problem....

bonus1331

Article in this weeks Union County Weekly stating the County is going to an 800 Mhz TRS but it is still 18-24 months away.
Will have 16 towers throughout the county.
Delay due to the mayor of Fairview not approving tower site.
Hopefully it will be monitorable..

bonus1331

Compared to Charlotte, we're living the high life...
Heck, I moved from a suburb of Dallas 5 years ago and was paying over $3500/ year! (Of course, no state income tax!)
Sitting on my half acre, 3K sq. foot house paying $1400 makes me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.