Need Ocean Isle Beach info

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Try looking under the Brunswick Co. Link in the database.

I think there is a listing for some conventional channels listed for Ocean Isle Beach

Also program the Brunswick Co. TRS System into you scanner.

There is a VHF System for Fire, EMS, and Rescue

There is a UHF System for all law enforcement

I know that all Fire, EMS & Rescue is dispatched on 155.520 Mhz.

Hope this helps

David

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
They used to be dispatched by the county on the county law enforcement channel, they were the 400 units (400, 401, 401, etc) but I left in 1999. I wouold guess they are on the UHF LTR system now

The fire department likely operates on the county VHF LTR system if they are actually the LTR system for real calls than they will be on that as station 14 (1470 as the base, 1471-1479 as trucks, 1480 & 1481 as equipment/medical trucks and 1490 & 1491 as boats).

A

ACU1000

Well, I have been here for 4 days and havent heard much of anything on either LTR system. I went to the local radio shop in OIB (mainland) called Kannoy Communications (or something like that) and asked and all they would tell me is they no longer use the LTR system and there is a new countywide digital trunked system. Anyone got control channel info for the new digital system???

Grog

Banned
Sounds like someone is full of it but that was the case with Kanoy 15 years ago :lol:

A

ACU1000

The installer there said they (Brunswick Co) no longer uses the LTR systems and its a new digital trunking system implemented this year - maybe I should go to Radio Shack next door and ask them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grog

Banned
We have a few members from Brunswick County on here, figured they would pop in as well. I'd try the conventional stuff I PMed you plus what is on the RRDB page, most looks ok to me from the conventional days.

yardbird

The digital they are talking about must be the State Viper System.

I know more and more counties are jumping to the Viper System.

I live in Cabarrus County and our new fleet map was just released and we have been assigned talkgroups on the Viper system.

To my knowledge they have not be assigned yet. They are just listed on the fleet map.

I have a new radio that is programmed on the new fleet map and the Viper has not been programmed yet.

That is my best guess as far as the digital system they are talking about.

David

drew6553

they spent like 16 mill on the ltr system. to the best of my knowledge they are still using it. I mean it's only been online for 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.