I-Tac surveillance ops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was driving around Swansboro on Hw24 and ran across some moving surveillance ops with three UC vehicles following one target...using I-Tac 1 866.5125 simplex.

I had always had the I-Tac channels programmed into the scanners since their inception decades ago, but rarely heard before...

Barefootdipole

I was in swansboro today and was hearing lots of static and really weak comms on that freq today. I just about always carry my VIPER radio with me to work to check for any new sites and such. The comms were really weak so I couldnt make out what it all was.

Kinda odd someone following a target would use a wide open analog common frequency.

That's about like one of the old ABC board freqs back home (Wayne County). I programmed that in my radio as a fluke to fill and empty spot and lo and behold that channel had all sorts of stuff on it, mostly the local cops talking junk to each other and what not.

Just goes to show you never know what you can hear nor which channel or freq it will be on.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Kinda odd someone following a target would use a wide open analog common frequency.

Not too odd when you figure not many scannists would likely be scanning that and even fewer "average" scanner users.

Good catch OP :D

Not too odd when you figure not many scannists would likely be scanning that and even fewer "average" scanner users.

Good catch OP :D

Thats true. I was talking to a deputy in my county last night, who has worked in law enforcement for 7 or 8 years. He was telling me a about a new channel programmed into his UHF radio that they called their "private channel".

I bet him 5.00 I had it in my law radio already and lo and behold, he talked and he was heard on the UHF unit in my truck. Some believe that two-way radio is totally secure....

That's why I have all the odd ball channels on my radios, you never know what you will hear on them...

Status
Not open for further replies.