Progress Energy Freqs/Time Warner Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

daj0kker

Could someone post the Progress Energy Frequencies for Richmond County Areas?

Also

I would like to listen to the Time Warner Cable Frequencies for Richmond County if anyone can post them.

Doesn't matter if they are Trunked or Conventional.

Thanks to everyone's help.

Dave
'still learning this stuff''

Steffenhymel

I looked up progress energy in the FCC database and they have no licences. They may use somthing around the 470.00 range in FM to avoid the FCC. However I have found some for Time Warner they are as follows. 810.0375 and 855.0375 not sure if it's trunked or not. doubt it though. To find more just look at the refrence page and click on FCC licences and turn all options on.

-Steffen Hymel

trumpetman

Database Admin
From what I've seen, Progress Energy uses a trunked system all through their response zone. Check the FCC database for 900 MHz trunking range and see what turns up.

daj0kker

Thanks for the replies, all are very informative. I am confused as to the FCC database.
Where are you guys searching this 'FCC database'? Is there a link that i'm not looking at?
Can you guys provide me the link/links?

Dave
'still learning'

daj0kker

Thanks all for your help. I did use the RR Database and it gave me what I was looking for.
I went to the FCC website and was LOST!.

thanks again.
dave

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> I looked up progress energy in the FCC database and they have no licences. They may use somthing around the 470.00 range in FM to avoid the FCC.

471 - 474 MHz is a licensed public safety range, although the frequencies are not available in some areas of the country. It's highly unlikely that a billion dolar power company, which faces daily scrutiny from a multitude of local, state and federal regulatory agencies, would try to "avoid the FCC."

Progress Energy uses a variety of frequencies in the UHF, 800 and 900 MHz bands, in both conventional and trunked modes. Alot of the communications between repair / line maintenance personnel in non-voice (laptop data terminals). Some licenses are still under the corporation's former name in the Carolinas - Carolina Power and Light.

Alot of the Time Warner voice communications in the Charlotte area is via Nextel. Company repair vehicles are dispatched via laptops. Time Warner does employ contract workers for some install and repair services. I'm not sure if there is a common method for communicating with these personnel.

>> Use the radiorefrence FCC search the actuall FCC website is awfull and you will never find what your looking for.

The FCC ULS database is only "awful" if you don't take the time to learn how to use it. The database can provide much more detail than the RR database can. Here's another FCC link to a simpler ULS search engine:

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Menu_Reports/

Status
Not open for further replies.