Scanning 450-470 MHZ Frequencies/ Uniden 396

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwmishoe

Can My Uniden 395 moniter the frequencies for local law enforcement in this frequency range.* I have tried Close Call and all types of search programs, and can'not pick up the frequencies being used in our local jail.* They are using Relm RPU416A radios, 450-570 MHZ.*** Will appreciate any help.* lwm

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Can My Uniden 395 moniter the frequencies for local law enforcement in this frequency range.* I have tried Close Call and all types of search programs, and can'not pick up the frequencies being used in our local jail.* They are using Relm RPU416A radios, 450-570 MHZ.*** Will appreciate any help.* lwm

I would certainly hope that your scanner can monitor those range of frequencies as every other scanner out on the market covers this range :D I am also going to guess you meant Uniden BC396t as there is no Uniden 395....there are many reasons why you may not be able to hear the transmissions such as they are low power simplex and you are not close enough to the jail to hear it...If you give us an idea of your location maybe someone close to you can help you out!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.