Cary NC "Mutual Aid" channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSC

Hi, hoping someone can explain why I'm not receiving traffic that is dispatched to Cary mutual aid channels. I have them (I think) in my scanner but never hear traffic from those. Anyone else have/had this problem?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
From the info section of the Viper, Cary 800Mhz, and Durham 800Mhz systems:

Another Note for Wake County: As Far as the Wake TRI-NET "Mutual Aid" System Talkgroups: The Mutual Aid 1 thru 5 W are the Wake County TGs on the Tri-Net "Mutual Aid" System. The W indicates they are on the Wake County System. Mutual Aid 6-10 have the D suffix to indicate they are on the Durham 800Mhz system, and 11 thru 15 have the C suffix to indicate they are on the Cary 800Mhz system. They are not relegated to any one discipline (Fire, EMS, or otherwise for their use) but are designed for multi-agency use.

So if you are exclusively monitoring the Cary 800Mhz system only, then you will only hear Mutual Aid Talkgroups 11-15 cause those are the only Mutual Talkgroups on the Cary system....to monitor Mutual Aid Talkgroups 1-5 you need to listen to the Wake County system to monitor Mutual Aid Talkgroups 6-10 you would need to listen to Durham's 800Mhz system....Now that Cary EMS is being dispatched out by RWECC the Cary Mutual Aid Talkgroups are not used as much as they used to HOWEVER you still want to keep them programmed in as you will still hear calls requiring mutual aid response from other agencies...I have them programmed in and hear calls on the 5 talkgroups pretty frequently....
As listed in the database here are the Mutual Aid Talkgroups on Cary 800Mhz:
CaryMAID.JPG

Hope this helps!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

jaolson101

It may also be from where you are listening. I know that in Eastern Wake County, I have minimal to zero coverage on the Cary system - both on the scanner and the Moto portable.

Status
Not open for further replies.