Cleveland County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pboy

Have come across a new active control channel on 853.0375.

It is P25 9600 with System ID 2A2, Site 001, NAC 2A0.

Best that I can piece together is that this would be the new Cleveland/Shelby system.

From my location, must be picking up Benn (Ben's) Knob. Identical signal strength as VIPER site at the same location.

No talkgroups heard yet to verify.

This is the first P25 9600 I have ever monitored.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks brother...please keep us updated with what you find out!
Marshall KE4ZNR

pboy

Finally get a chance to play around with the Pro96Com P25 decoding software.

It shows frequencies of:

These do indeed match up with Cleveland County\Shelby in the rebanded configuration. FCC has already granted the new allocations.

Maybe some test transmissions will be coming soon.

pboy

Marshall:

It is P25 9600 system not 3600 mixed mode.

This database entry is wrong:

System Type: Motorola Type II Smartnet

Should be:

System Type: Project 25 Standard

The four frequencies I provided should be the working control channels if I understand this type of system correctly. No talkgroup activity has generated any voice channel information so far.

From what I found a good while back this is supposed to be a simulcast system with sites at Kings Mountain, Boiling Springs, Benn Knob and a standalone site at Shelby. Can't verify yet if this is still true.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Fixed :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

Marshall:

It is P25 9600 system not 3600 mixed mode.

This database entry is wrong:

System Type: Motorola Type II Smartnet

Should be:

System Type: Project 25 Standard

From what I found a good while back this is supposed to be a simulcast system with sites at Kings Mountain, Boiling Springs, Benn Knob and a standalone site at Shelby. Can't verify yet if this is still true.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
I received from a very reliable source that the Cleveland TRS system will be active by June at the latest. Cleveland county communications has tested the system with mixed results. I will update if I hear anything new.

pboy

Anybody possibly heard if Cleveland County and Shelby City are going to be using Motorola SmartX technology to "bond" the two systems together? Old Shelby being 3600 baud and new Cleveland being 9600.

There is currently a 3600 CC with the present Shelby system ID on the air now with rebanded Shelby/Cleveland frequencies. There is also on the air now a P25 9600 system with Shelby/Cleveland rebanded frequencies.

Kind of doesn't make sense unless this is what they are doing.

Motorola SmartX makes it possible though. Unless some other hocus pocus is about to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.