I Give Up - Please Help in Cabarrus County, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartess3

I live in Cabarrus County near University. Is there anyone close by I can connect with for 2 hours to give me a crash course on this stuff. I purchased a Pro 164 from Radio Shack and have spent over a week trying to get this thing to work to no avail. I took the first one back thinking something was wrong with it and exchanged it, but I see the problem is "operator error".

I got an extra $50 bucks to give to someone who is willing to spend 2 hours of their time with me. I can come to you, or you too me, I'm available asap :)

Carl

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Carl,
Welcome to Radioreference.com. I know the world of digital scanners and trunktracking can be intimidating at first but don't give up. Once you get used to the new scanner paradigms and how trunking systems work it is alot of fun.
Here at Radioreference.com we have a wiki with alot of good articles on the basics of trunking:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunking
I know when you first start out it sounds like gibberish but just give it time and things will start to become clear.
Closer to home, I know there are a few people in your neck of the woods here at RR.com and hopefully one of them can help ya out. Worse case scenario if you can't find anyone else local feel free to head up here to Raleigh (Wake County) sometime soon and I will sit down with ya and help ya get up and running.
Happy Holidays & Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

kd8x

what do ya need???

I live in Cabarrus County near University. Is there anyone close by I can connect with for 2 hours to give me a crash course on this stuff. I purchased a Pro 164 from Radio Shack and have spent over a week trying to get this thing to work to no avail. I took the first one back thinking something was wrong with it and exchanged it, but I see the problem is "operator error".

I got an extra $50 bucks to give to someone who is willing to spend 2 hours of their time with me. I can come to you, or you too me, I'm available asap :)

Carl
Hello Carl. My name is Dennis and I live in Concord. Send me an email at kd8x@ctc.net and give me your telephone number and I will call you and see if I can render some assistance. I am using GRE-600 scanner and I don't know about radio shack or uniden scanners but I may be able to explain to you how trunked systems work and help you on your way....73...If you are a ham, I can connect to you on 2 or 440 etc.....oh, by the way, keep the 50 bucks...I work cheap LOLO....

KM4WLV

Hey man,

I live in Salisbury & would be willing to help too, just shoot me a PM with your info & maybe we can figure out a time to get things working for ya.

Daniel
Salisbury

cartess3

Thanks for the prompt replies... they're sincerely appreciated it!

My 10 year old has been pressing me to get this thing figured out if you know what I mean. I'm headed over to wiki to take a look at the notes there.

Thanks again... it's been killing that I haven't been able to pick up anything.

Carl

mike704

Cabarrus TRS

I have noticed the Cabarrus TRS is very difficult to pick up. I have gone all over Charlotte North to Huntersville and it's very hard to pick up.

On the other hand the Mecklenburg TRS can be heard easily, even well into Union County. I know some people here in Charlotte who would like to monitor Cabarrus County radio traffic.

Mike

nitroboie

I have noticed the Cabarrus TRS is very difficult to pick up. I have gone all over Charlotte North to Huntersville and it's very hard to pick up.

On the other hand the Mecklenburg TRS can be heard easily, even well into Union County. I know some people here in Charlotte who would like to monitor Cabarrus County radio traffic.

Mike

He's in Cabarrus County; in Harrisburg. In fact, he sounds right around the corner from me. I'm on 49 just before the border. I can pick up Cabarrus TRS just fine so I'm sure he can too (once he gets his scanner programmed).

Status
Not open for further replies.