help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EARLL

i have installed all the frequencies for my local city and thing work fine for hours sometimes then the local police will just disapear for hours at a time the scanner is working fine it is only my local police can some one help

jrholm

A couple of things we would need are, who are you trying to monitor and what kind of scanner.

another thing is do they seem to disapear around the same time every day? If so what time, they may change channels at certain times. Or it could be they just don't have anything going on for a couple of hours. Real police work can be like that.

EARLL

the system is the city of kings mountain north carolina the scanner i have is a radio shack pro 163 last night police and fire where working a wreck and they disapeared for about 30 min then they where back for about 20 min then they where gone for hours i cant figure out why i cant find any more frequencies thank you for your help

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible that at times you are getting the comms from the repeater output and at times they are not talking through the repeaters and they are not close enough for you to hear them using "talkaround" mode on their radios?

EARLL

that is posible i live in the middle of town one mile from the station i dont know where the repeater is located it is a very small town

captclint

Mentor
Is it possible that at times you are getting the comms from the repeater output and at times they are not talking through the repeaters and they are not close enough for you to hear them using "talkaround" mode on their radios?
According to the DB ( http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1909 ), PD IS on a repeater 155.67000 with 159.15000 as input. You should monitor both, but if you are too far from the action, you will hear neither when the go off repeater. However, it's been my experience that PD will not go off repeater for more than a few minutes unless there is a major incident. Maybe, there is just nothing going on.
I also note 2 DPW and a services freq. Quite often, these sorts of frequencies will be used by PD and Fire as secondary TAC channels as well. They appear to be repeaters also, with 153.6500 and 158.265 as input. It is not smart to use the inputs as talk-around, but they may be doing that, so check them out as well. Hopefully, someone from you area can provide more specific input.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.