Want to have a get together for the Charlotte Metro people

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

I know there are a few of us from the Charlotte Metro area here, and I was wondering if you guys would like to maybe start meeting once a month, or every other month. We could meet for lunch or something, and have "shop talk". I know we have had some new members lately from our area that have needed help and I think this may be the way to get them the help they need.

Also I know I have been considering wanting to get my ham ticket, and if some of our local hams had time, they could help us asipring "wanna be's" (lol) study to pass the test. Let me know what you guys think. If anyone wants to help coordinate this let me know. You can PM me here, or email me at daniel.michael57@gmail.com

Or, if you want my cell number send me a message & I'll give it to you. Just don't want to post it out in the open. And to anybody else from arond the state reading this, you are welcome to join us if we do decide to get together.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Great Idea Daniel!
Up here in Wake County/Central NC we have the Tarheel Scanner/Shortwave Group based out of Raleigh that meets once a month and has a weekly net on 146.640Mhz RARS.
I will sticky this for a little while so that hopefully you can help get a meeting scheduled for sometime soon.
Charlotte Peeps: Let's get something going on this!
Marshall KE4ZNR

mike704

I'm interested. I work 3rd shift so lunch during the week wouldn't work for me. Maybe an evening or Saturday would work though.

It's likely you'd pass the Technician ham test with no problem! There are books containing the question pools and free sample tests on-line.

Mike W4DXL

KM4WLV

I haven't seen many responses but if you guys want to get together, lets do it. When is good for everyone. I can be available anytime, but I think the weekend may be best for everyone. Lets throw out some ideas !!

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Get Together

I have to work that weekend, but what about something in conjunction with the Charlotte (or I guess Concord now) hamfest? Maybe a late lunch somewhere? Or something at the hamfest itself. I know of some amateur radio groups that have done similar things in the past.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Steve, I was thinking something along the lines of the Charlotte Hamfest as well. That weekend is March 9-10 (?). Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
Ron

mike704

Sounds good to me I never miss the Charlotte Hamfest.

I'm sure you guys will have no problem with the Technician Test, go for it!

Mike W4DXL

mike704

Oh and by the way, the Ham radio hobby needs new blood around here. Outside of drive time most of the local repeaters are not seeing as much use as they once did. So come on in!

Also we are hoping to have a DStar Digital Ham Radio Club table at the hamfest. I hope you will come by and say hi.

Mike W4DXL

Last edited:

ki4rvh

I'm planning on going to the Charlotte Hamfest, especially since its right outside of town here. Let me know when you folks are planning to get together. I think it would be fun to meet folks and talk shop.

Chris

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Since there has been little progress towards getting an exact date set I am gonna unsticky this for now. Hopefully you can continue this discussion via emails & PMs and get a date setup for future meetups.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

KM4WLV

Folks I am sorry I haven't been on here the last couple of days. Actually been in Raleigh for the last week handling some things ( sorry Mashall, shoulda tried to get with ya ). If you guys still want to try this just let me know.

Again, my apologies !!!

shreknow91

I would be interested in meeting up with you guys.... A saturday or sunday afternoon would be good for me.

ki4rvh

Anyone going? Wanna get together?

I'll be at the Charlotte Hamfest this Saturday morning. Anyone going? Did anything get nailed down for a get together time?

Last edited:

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I will be at the hamfest as well.

I am interested in the group as well, please let me know

David

Status
Not open for further replies.