Carteret County/Morehead City PD Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonebeagle

Evening all. Hoping someone can help me figure out what frequency the Morehead City PD is using in reference to the following. I have the frequencies from the database, but they are always "switching over", and disappearing. They'll be talking along, and then one will transmit "XXX Switch Over". Does anyone know where they're going? Thanks in advance for any help.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Evening all. Hoping someone can help me figure out what frequency the Morehead City PD is using in reference to the following. I have the frequencies from the database, but they are always "switching over", and disappearing. They'll be talking along, and then one will transmit "XXX Switch Over". Does anyone know where they're going? Thanks in advance for any help.

First let me say welcome to the group, you will not find a better group of Members that are willing to help you. I am glad to see you checked the Database first before you asked the question.
Let me check with a friend of mine who is a Lieutenant with Morehead CIty PD. Maybe I can get that information for you.
I would also try scanning the lower range between 151.000 and 155.000 to see if they have a Tac Channel.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin

Try these. I know they are for Newport PD but they might use them for Morehead City also. I am still trying to find out some more information, it might take me a couple of days.

NEWPORT PD NARC 1 151.700 179.9
NEWPORT PD NARC 2 151.720 179.9
NEWPORT PD 10-84 153.785 CSQ
NEWPORT PD 10-85 153.875 CSQ
NEWPORT PD 10-86 154.965 CSQ

I rarely monitor MC (only in car while driving in the town itself), but I have heard, in the past, cars ask other cars to "GO TO 43".....and they go simplex on another freq....

one time i thought i followed them to 155.25 and another time I thought I caught their voices on 155.97....hard to drive and follow them at same time.....

just an FYI....

Barefootdipole

Ten42

Morehead City PD

A few years back they went to the public works repeater at night, 155.100, last year I heard them on 155.130. That might be what you are looking for.
David

WA4MJF

Back in the day, before I retired, 155.97 was input and 155.25 was output of the
mutual aid repeaters. All CSQ. Up in the NE part of NC we kept one in every
other county or so turned on. Halifax, Hertford, Martin, Camden, etc. We used it
as a "BS" channel.

lonebeagle

Thanks to everyone for all your help. I programmed all the suggestions, and will update this thread should any of them be the one(s) I was after.

Status
Not open for further replies.