Dumb question to ask but if im in Alamance, could i still hear Wake Co?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I can still receive transmission from our Ambulances who make it to duke but if they go into wake county, can I still pick up Wake County EMS services?

Just wondering, I know it will probably depend on the tower sites and range output but :D I woud love to hear what goes on in wake county.

All i have is guilford, alamance, caswell and person county and maybe some of orange

CCHLLM

On what kind of radio system? Conventional radio will depend mostly on whether you're monitoring a simplex channel or a repeater system, and if it's a repeater system, can the unit going into Wake still reach the repeater from Wake

If it's simplex frequencies, it'll all depend on your location and how good your monitoring setup happens to be.

Trunking will depend on whether the unit going into Wake can still reach the local trunk sites, or whether or not the talkgroup is supported on the Wake system or the VIPER system and will be affiliated so that traffic on that talkgroup in Wake can be monitored through affiliation on the Burlington system.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Mmmm I was told that since alamance EMS changed frequencies, their new one is more powerful or well to say the repeater is stronger then the last one but im not skeptical about how thats done but i can still hear them on my Conventional radio "gp300" from alamance to forsyth co to durham co.

Status
Not open for further replies.