Golden Eagle Taxi Services of Alamance County NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
There are probably not many alamance county residents that would listen to a cab company as we are only the size of 150,000 people county wide.

I know Golden Eagle are operating on the UHF system but what frequency are they transmitting on if anyone knows?

Weird how i ask that i want to listen to a cab company but someday.. i might end up working for them... and i could PROBABLY be your cab driver.. unless ill be the OTHER taxi driver that has special decals and lighting effects.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
The only license issued to Golden Eagle in the FCC database is for a non-repeated pair of UHF channels, with the base station located in High Point.

The base operates on 452.700, and the vehicles respond on 457.200 MHz. The vehicles do not hear each other ... which is typical of taxi systems.

They may also be using other frequencies licensed to a commercial radio service.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Wonder why the base station is so far away, theres a big antenna in their yard in burlington unless golden eagle is also in high point....

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I know this thread is old but does anyone else know what frequencies the local cabs here in alamance are using? Was trying to find out then submit it to the database, the only ones i can pick up and listen to is bluebird and united yellow but no golden eagle and I dont think the UHF freq that jeff found is the one, its all showing expired

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Just a thought: I would look at LTR systems in the area. Here in the Triangle alot of
the taxi services use local LTR systems....which means the license will usually be in the name of the radio service that owns/operates the radio system and NOT the taxi service.
Small taxi services don't usually have the money to own & operate their own radio system...hence the relying on SMR operators for communications.

Marshall KE4ZNR

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
mmm another thing I should of thought of Marshall, thanks, I was trying to look through the fcc site but is there another way i can look up LTR systems or is that possible here on the site? I cant remember the owners name but figured id spend time just searching, I really thought they were just plain UHF because ive been inside their office before and I see their setup, nothing is DTMF activated for access, its just all plain jane but i know i cant base it off looks.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Marshall. I just found some data about it, if you want you can close this thread or let it get pushed to the end. Thanks for the tip

Status
Not open for further replies.