Breaking News: VIPER change

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Good Morning All!
I received a call this AM from a close friend who is involved with VIPER and I was informed that the State has decided to end the statewide VIPER project due to the economic situation our state and country finds itself in. Starting next month all VIPER sites will be turned off and dismantled and system users will go back to what ever type of radio system they had before VIPER. Obviously the NCSHP will go back to using Lowband VHF. I know there would be skeptics out there so I was given an official release stating the above.
I uploaded that release and you can find it at the following URL:
ncviper800 - VIPER Teardown Notice
Please visit the above URL for proof before emailing me/PMing me.
I guess those $500 digital trunktrackers are going to be collecting dust.
Have a good day!
Marshall KE4ZNR

msigmon3306

Since my last big project with Catawba County has now been cancelled due to circumstances beyond my control, looks like I can turn my retirement papers in now. Of course that means I'll have to get a real job.

ILMRadioMan

fry-see-what-you-did-there-scaled.jpg

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
That was the most realistic fools joke i have heard in awhile.I was scared there for a moment.:lol:

CCHLLM

Ya know, I gotta admit that even though I sorta have an inside track on VIPER, it wasn't until I got to the second sentence about the dismantling that I knew this was an April Fool's joke.

Good work, there.....

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Allright Folks...now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag I guess it is time to finish this one off...thanks to everyone that has a sense of humor and can handle a joke :) Believe me, I have to keep a good sense of humor between here and my day job of IT Geek...and I think my joke was way better than Google's this year :D
Happy Monitoring and April Fools!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.