Interesting Rebanding Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I know this ain't gonna be popular but as much as it makes me sick to agree with Sprintel I gotta do it in this case.

From the linked doc:

High Point claims that the XTL2500 is not comparable to the Spectra because the M5 control head functions differently and has a different “look and feel” from the W7 control head.

Sorry High Point. Just because the radios you are getting in replacement don't have the exact same "Look & Feel" does not mean you are getting the shaft.

Oh and this gem:

High Point argues that the only adequate replacement for its Spectra radios is the XTL5000 with a W7 control head.

I am sure High Point would like XTL5Ks...and XTS5ks...but it is not up to Sprint to buy them the top of the line replacement radios.

Believe me: I do not like defending Sprintel on this issue as I also have major issues with the way they have handled rebanding across the board.
I just think in this one situation they have a point.
Marshall KE4ZNR

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK now for once I agree with Sprint-Nexthell... scary! The agreement with the FCC does NOT say they haveto buy the top of the line bells and whistles stuff.. Just equipment that works. If anyone wants the best of the best, then they have to buy them on their own.

ILMRadioMan

Now, Sextel WILL pay the price rather than the radio.

IE if they want the 5K, they will give the money that the 2500 would cost and the local agency would pay the difference.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
OK now for once I agree with Sprint-Nexthell... scary! The agreement with the FCC does NOT say they haveto buy the top of the line bells and whistles stuff.. Just equipment that works. If anyone wants the best of the best, then they have to buy them on their own.

Ok I am gonna stretch here but the scenario would be the same when a few years ago Chevy did a minor recall (fuse related) on my POS Cavalier and I asked them to switch my POS Cavalier out with a Corvette cause it feels the same...wait, maybe this could work...hmmm...be back soon...gonna jot by the Chevy dealer and see if I can drive away with a Corvette! :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Good luck with the vette ;)

All they would give me is this:

2005-nopi-big.jpg

On the positive side I now have 3 wheeled motion...just call me Snoop Marshall Dogg :cool:
Marshall

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
LOL! With all the AMPS, SPEAKERS, and BATTS and gear for the "stunting" where do you add the HAM and Scanners???

Last edited by a moderator:

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
:D i was HPPD, i wouldnt care what radio i get :D I get that thing firing up in no time like a drug addicted!! "Im not an addicted" just using that as an example lol... oh Marshall :D nice chrome wheels :D got anything else on that car?

WA4MJF

Beggars can't be choosey! If HP wants the other radio, they should buy it. Seems to me they're wanting a give me and wanna choose the gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.