Anyone know when your city or county is having an auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Im looking to go to any auction and see if i can find any portable radios that are going to be up for auction after the state switches to the viper system, anyone know?

Burlington Alamance county is may 30th i believe at the burlington city garage :D im looking to go to any outside county and look around, maybe orange, guilford, caswell or person

JJones27320

Premium Subscriber
Guilford has a county sale in the spring and fall. The spring sale was just a couple of weeks ago. I have never seen any radio equipment at the Guilford sales though, it is my understanding that most of there stuff is either traded in, given to a smaller agency or just thrown away.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
All the dept's around cleveland county and gaston use.

govdeals.com

Always keep an eye on there for good stuff.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
sheesh... thrown away? I might have to make a call and ask about any old ones laying around i doubt will still be on the shelves

Last edited:

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
And what exactly would you do with 800mhz gear????

No i just want the VHF/UHF systems for my post, there going to be mine if i buy them but im breaking them out of the closet if we travel and do in town events...

the 800mhz can.... just... do whatever :D i already use that system when im checked in the ride haha... no need for viper training because i been around the 800mhz guilford county public safety system for 6 years.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
What's your number.. I have BPD in my radio.

You do know im an explorer right? My number changes when i go on a ride along.

Here are the common ones im usually on.

127, 138, 259, 286 - depends on the shift, Im either one of those if i ever pop up on the radio if i decide to talk or not.

For functions with my post if I ever get more walkies for my shelf in my room Im 29Sgt or C138 on the 5 MURS Freqs

Last edited:

WA4MJF

When I was in a town dept, we (PD) got the latest and greatest and handed down our ole radios to other town departments. Some times they were replacements and sometimes they were additional radios for the other departments. If they were replacements, they would donate their old radios to VFD and Rescue Squad.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
When I was in a town dept, we (PD) got the latest and greatest and handed down our ole radios to other town departments. Some times they were replacements and sometimes they were additional radios for the other departments. If they were replacements, they would donate their old radios to VFD and Rescue Squad.

yeah, some VFD's in my county may be getting rid of their old radios soon so im wanting to go around and make a box collect of it but then again i could of from the local shop but someone beat me to it :(

EZlistener

Premium Subscriber
Folks, be careful about VHF and UHF gear. With the narrowbanding deadline (2013?) approaching, governments are shedding things like conventional Spectras in quantity. Don't invest a lot of $$ in gear that will not be type accepted in the future.
Low band is OK. It is not affected by narrowbanding. Neither is amateur.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Like the VHF CB Band? "MURS" thats all im using it for but eh if thats the case, I may just look into findng low bands too...

Status
Not open for further replies.