new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMan08

I'm looking to buy a bcd396xt scanner. I would like to know if it will work right out of the box or am I going to have to start downloading info before it starts working. I am in Pitt County and would also is there somewhere locally that I can buy one and get some training on it at that time. Thanks to anyone who can
help me with this, everyone who puts the info on this site. I enjoy it very much.
Thanks,

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
I'm looking to buy a bcd396xt scanner. I would like to know if it will work right out of the box or am I going to have to start downloading info before it starts working. I am in Pitt County and would also is there somewhere locally that I can buy one and get some training on it at that time. Thanks to anyone who can
help me with this, everyone who puts the info on this site. I enjoy it very much.
Thanks,

ScanMan08 it is setup with some VIPER Frequencies and TalkGroups but you would need to program it to your specific needs. FreeScan is the only software out there right now, which is a great program once you can configure it to your needs.
I have a 396XT and live in Edgecombe County about 30 minutes from you. Once you get it give me a call and we can get together and get you up and running.
It is a step up from the 396T, and the Multi-Site setup is great especially with VIPER.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Im wanting to get one, just needing to know which one would be the best price and what store has them at a better price.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Im wanting to get one, just needing to know which one would be the best price and what store has them at a better price.

There is a thread in the Uniden forum about this very topic.
And not to speak for David but he has his. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.