Harley Ralley

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayatsi05

Anyone know the Cherokee Police Department's Tactical Frequencies for this weekend?

WA4MJF

Well, I don't recall Cherokee County having a PD, unless it is very recent. The High Sheriff of Cherokee County keeps the peace there. As for the reservations, the Cherokee Nation has a PD, in fact, one of their officers got in trouble a while back sending out lewd photos of a Miss NC.

MOTORHEAD3902

Well, I don't recall Cherokee County having a PD, unless it is very recent. The High Sheriff of Cherokee County keeps the peace there. As for the reservations, the Cherokee Nation has a PD, in fact, one of their officers got in trouble a while back sending out lewd photos of a Miss NC.

OK, maybe the OP was looking for the Town Police of Cherokee, in Swain Co.. Maybe the OP was looking for the tribal PD, also headquartered in Swain Co, in the town of Cherokee. The pertinent freqs are:

Cherokee TRIBAL police 155.115
Cherokee TOWN police 154.875
Cherokee TOWN police 155.910

For the County of Cherokee, High Sheriff's Office and all-
Cherokee County, North Carolina (NC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Last edited:

MOTORHEAD3902

swain county? mmm i did a google search and it only came up as the county...

What only came up as the county? Cherokee is, apart from being the name of a county, the name of a town in Swain Co.

The TOWN is where the Eastern Band Tribal Police is headquartered, per our own DB here at RR.

Last edited:

wayatsi05

The reason I originally asked the question is because when the Rally was here this weekend I heard on several occasions on 155.1150 (CPD) officers directing other officers to switch to tactical 2, tactical 3 channel. I have every frequency listed in the DB programmed into all of my radios but could never hear any traffic. The 155.1150 frequency would be quiet after that for quite some time. I know the department has some of the Motorola XTN Radios they purchased some time ago, maybe it was those they were using.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
And don't forget that the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indians (EBCI) is also rumored to have VIPER TGIDs. :cool:
Just sayin' you never know where a new user might show up!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.