Guilford County - PTARS "Piedmont Rescue "Low Rx Issue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Im finding something weird when I have my radio on channel 10 "thats guilford programmed on my walkie"

Ok im not far off from them at all because im just one county to the west.

Lately its been very quiet on their end or its mine, just a second ago i keyed the monitor button and i heard the I guess it would be called the ending transmission databurst after someone is done talking.

Just wanted to know if anyone else around guilford county or outside can still hear them clearly.

I have their freq (155.11500) programmed on my radio as well PL is set to CSQ as put in the database.

Last edited:

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Yes i know, thats been on my radio for a while now and even if im out in orange county which i would say is an estimate of 40 miles away if im in hillsborough, i can hear 155.115 just find, im just clueless on why im receiving them poorly now, wondering if they lowered the output? which i am probably wrong about that.

EMS moved into 800 right or they are still on VHF? or both?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure exatly what you are asking.... but Guilford County EMS and PTAR are both on the 800 system. VHF 155.340 is still used by out of county units coming to Cone and Wesley Long.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Mmm ok lets see if i can break it down this way

atleast 3 months I had their VHF 155.115 on my radio and i could hear all the simulcast traffic everday from sick calls to traffic accidents and all but today im just receiving nothing at all.

It was all find a few days ago until today they never came up, no paging, no simulcast unless i am inside guilford county as i was yesterday I would hear everything great loud and clear.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Then i'd say something is wrong with your radio because i'm listening to the simulcast on a scanner and the talkgroup on my work radio.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
What county are you in again?

Well i hold onto the monitor key and i can hear some transmission but i think its either because im inside a building but that shouldnt stop me from receiving much... I might do some field testing in the morning but if its my radio.. the trash might be its best friend..

austincage911

Guilford has been 800 mhz for years. They may be doing some simulcast on the old VHF frequencies to get out to their voice pagers, FD's ect. But if I'm understanding your question, that hasn't been their primary for a decade or so.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I have no problems hearing them on 155.115.But il check today when i get home.It just might be your radio.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I was out and about in hillsborough and heard them just fine, i think its because im in a structural building but its probably me sitting or standing in different parts of the house that makes the signal weak.

Putting it by the window it was ok but last night by the window it still had problems receiving so maybe something happened but the trash can is right next to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.