raleigh skywarn stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Don't think there is one....all the more reason for people in central NC to go out and buy a scanner :)

I am in West Raleigh and had difficulty in keeping up with 8 different radios plus Skywarn...sounds like Wake County is still dealing with alot of down power lines and arching power lines...a few house fire calls due to lightening strikes.
I believe initial reports are no serious injuries (thank goodness) other
than my lap when my 90 pound wimpy dog got scared and jumped in my lap after a strong lightening strike! :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I was in greensboro and faced what was east and saw the biggest and brightest strike while i was in the car.. good thing i wasnt attracting it lol, thats enough juice to power the state for a month lol.

scannerpro

personally I think skywarn in the raleigh area is a joke on the 146.880. You hear people saying yeah its starting to rain here I have 2 drops on my window. I really don't get the point why your going to pick up the microphone and waste your time just to say that but I think in other states its great b/c you don't have those idiots reporting that!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
personally I think skywarn in the raleigh area is a joke on the 146.880. You hear people saying yeah its starting to rain here I have 2 drops on my window. I really don't get the point why your going to pick up the microphone and waste your time just to say that but I think in other states its great b/c you don't have those idiots reporting that!

Like any other type of volunteer ham radio net you are only going to be as good as the people reporting the info. Overall I think that Central Carolina Skywarn does a great job at helping be the eyes & ears of the NWS.
Are there less than qualified reports? Yes, but that is what happens with any net. Again I think CCS is a great asset and I monitored it continuously during yesterday's severe weather.
Marshall KE4ZNR
P.S. Scannerpro: If it is really that terrible (as you claim it is) you know how to make it better? Volunteer your time and improve the service! :)

reconrider8

the reason i was askign was cause im not close enough to pick it up where im at and thought it would be interesting to listen to themduring a big storm liek that

Status
Not open for further replies.