Gaston County Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjeepin98

I was curious if anyone else have the 800mhz freq and ID for G-County. The database is wrong and I am trying to see if anyone has the info.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I was curious if anyone else have the 800mhz freq and ID for G-County. The database is wrong and I am trying to see if anyone has the info.

Like qball said: the info that is in the database was verified at the time it was added to the database. And the only way for the database to stay accurate is for members like yourself to submit corrections via the "submit info" button at the top of every page. So, if there are changes to be made please submit them so we can keep the database accurate.
Thanks & Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

ncjeepin98

I will be glad to submit the info as soon as I confirm what I have is accurate. But this is what I do know. The City of Gastonia is moving to an 800 trunk system. The PD is already on it and old UHF freq are patched to the 800 system. I work for an agency that will be coming onto the system in near future. I am part of the project to get us on it. I sat in several meetings with our radio shop and Charlotte-Meck system administrator to understand the system.
For G-Town there are three tower sites and a fourth being built, not 1 as the database says. There is a total of 10 frequencies, not 4 or 5 as the database says. Now for the strange part, those 10 freq are broke down in to two 5 freq parts. So at two towers they use 5 freq with one the control channel. The other two towers (one is being built) they use the other 5 with one being the CC. Money is being sought now to link both 5 channel systems into one 10 channel system. (that will happen within a year or so). Char-Meck control the freq licenses but G-town owns the infrastructure.
As for the ID's that will come as I can get of hold of the info.

ncjeepin98

So any help with the info would be appreciative.

"home of mustard base bbq" you must be from central SC. Thats just wrong, come up here and we will get you some good western NC bbq

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
First off!

What is listed in the data base is correct

I work near the Gaston County line, and I have the Gastonia PD talkgroups programmed into my truking scanner and it works great.

Second!

I have a uhf radio in my truck with both Mt. Holly PD and Belmont PD programmed in.

When I have the scanner in the truck and it locks on the Mt. Holly or Belmont talkgroup it gives me a stereo effect.

Matter a fact the Gastonia talkgroups work so good that I can hear everything that goes on in Gastonia while I am sitting at home in Concord.

To say the talkgroups are wrong is absolutly false.

I will so out as far as to say this. I do not think Marshall and the other NC Data Admins would not enter false information.

David

ncjeepin98

I guess this is the reason people I know dont post info on forums.

First off, second off, third off.....you need glasses.

What I said is, there are more freqs than the database lists and there are more towers than it lists. I didnt say anything about talkgroup IDs being wrong, only asking if people know of more. Finally, I didnt say the fine people here would intentionally mislead anyone at all.

I was attempting to get people to investigate and get the info for the database. I have been working on that however I may just not share it so you can continue to sit in your house in concord and you can go on thinking you are hearing everything.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Allright guys.
I think this has gone far enough.
ncjeepin98-
Please still submit verified info to the database using the "Submit Info" button at the top of the page.
I have ways to check info out and make sure it is correct before I make changes/additions to the database.
I did recently receive some additional Gaston County info from a source but still waiting to have it verified before making any database changes.
Just remember guys that Public Safety Comms go through a lot of changes and sometimes changes are made quickly with little notice ahead of time.
I still think both of you are good contributors and good forum members here at RR.com. I think we all can agree that we are on the same team with the common goal of making sure the database is as accurate as it can be.
Let's please let bygones be bygones and work together for the future.
Thanks and happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.