NC Public Safety Personnel Lost in Line of Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
A Nags Head police officer died in a crash this morning in the 3000 block of S. Croatan Highway on his way to a call for a burglary, town officials said. He is the first officer in the town to be killed in the line of duty.
Sgt. Dulan Earl Murray Jr., 48, of Kitty Hawk, was on his way to check out the break-in about 3 a.m. when he lost control of his vehicle, went off the road and hit a utility pole near Nags Head Elementary School, a town news release says.
Murray, who had been with the town since 1997, had more than 26 years of law enforcement experience, the release says.
He leaves behind a wife and two daughters.
In the release, Nags Head Mayor Renee Cahoon calls the loss of Murray “indescribable.”
“Earl Murray was one of the finest, most dedicated officers we’ve ever had,” Cahoon said. “More importantly, though, he was one of the most dedicated family men we’ve ever known.”
The crash is under investigation by the North Carolina Highway Patrol.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends & brothers in blue of Sgt. Murray. Losing an officer is always a very devastating event for any department but for this to be Nags Head's first LODD makes it even more tragic :(.

I will sticky this for a few days as I try to do for any NC officer who is lost and we have to say goodbye and EOW.

Greg-
Can you submit the news site where to you got this info to odmp.org?
I did not see Sgt Murray listed there yet.
Thanks.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This sticky thread will be used to honor those brave Men & Women in all areas of North Carolina Public Safety (Police, Fire, & EMS) who have been lost in the line of Duty.
We thank all Public Safety personnel for the sacrifices they make daily and we will always reminder those who were lost.
Please keep all off topic posts out of this thread.
Marshall KE4ZNR

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Pembroke Firefighter Killed Responding to Call

PEMBROKE - A teenage volunteer firefighter and rescue worker was killed early this morning when his car wrecked as he was on the way to a fire call.
HE WAS NOT WEARING HIS SEATBELT.
According to the NCSHP, 18-year-old Matthew Douglas Tramel of Pembroke was killed about 00:53 hours Friday morning when the vehicle he was driving struck a tree.

firenews.net

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
PEMBROKE - A teenage volunteer firefighter and rescue worker was killed early this morning when his car wrecked as he was on the way to a fire call.
HE WAS NOT WEARING HIS SEATBELT.
According to the NCSHP, 18-year-old Matthew Douglas Tramel of Pembroke was killed about 00:53 hours Friday morning when the vehicle he was driving struck a tree.

firenews.net

Thanks for catching this Kendrik.
More info at Firenews.net.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Winston-Salem Police Sergeant Mickey Hutchens has died from injuries he sustained during a shootout with a suspect last week.

More Info: Winston-Salem Police Sargeant Mickey Hutchens Has Died | digtriad.com | Triad, NC | Local News

Thoughts a prayers are with his family.

Thank you for catching this Kendrik. I have been at the Tarheelscanner Group monthly meeting.
May the family and friends be comforted by the fact that Sgt Hutchens gave his life being one of the Bravest.
Marshall KE4ZNR

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
EMS Tech Killed in Fort Bragg Collision

FORT BRAGG - An EMS technician was killed in an Ambulance rollover while responding to a call on post this morning.
The driver was critically injured.

More Info: FireNews.net

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Union Cross Deputy Chief Dies After Shift

KERNERSVILLE - A Deputy Chief with the Union Cross Fire Department (Forsyth County) died after responding to a MVC and completing a shift.

Chad Eric Greene, died Wednesday at approximately 12:30 after collapsing at home.

More Info

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Firefighter Funeral in Forsyth County Tomorrow 11-08-09

Deputy Chief Chad Greene with Union Cross Fire and Rescue passed away unexpectedly this past Wednesday morning (11-04-09). He leaves behind his wife, an unborn child a son and a daughter. Chad was also an Engineer with the City of High Point FD assigned to Station 4.

Obituary found here: WSJ JournalNow - Community - Obituaries

Please remember this family in your thoughts and prayers.

The funeral will be held at Green Street Baptist Church, 303 North Rotary Drive in High Point, N.C. tomorrow @ 1400 hrs.

The funeral procession will leave the church and pass by Chad's station in High Point (Station 4) then continue into Forsyth County and pass by Union Cross FD before concluding at Union Cross Moravian Church for the graveside service.

The funeral procession operations will be conducted on High Point's 800 Mhz system with Talkgroup HPFD Tac H-8 as primary and Talkgroup HPFD Tac I-9 as secondary.

As the procession passes by Union Cross FD there will be a memorial broadcasted on Forsyth County's 800 MHz system on Talkgroup FCFD F-1 and the VHF Dispatch freq of 154.205.

High Point FD is also planning a broadcast as the procession passes by the High Point station.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
My thoughts and prayers are with Chief Greenes family and friends.
Thank you for your service Chief Greene.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Deputy Chief Chad Greene with Union Cross Fire and Rescue passed away unexpectedly this past Wednesday morning (11-04-09). He leaves behind his wife, an unborn child a son and a daughter. Chad was also an Engineer with the City of High Point FD assigned to Station 4.

Obituary found here: WSJ JournalNow - Community - Obituaries

Please remember this family in your thoughts and prayers.

The funeral will be held at Green Street Baptist Church, 303 North Rotary Drive in High Point, N.C. tomorrow @ 1400 hrs.

The funeral procession will leave the church and pass by Chad's station in High Point (Station 4) then continue into Forsyth County and pass by Union Cross FD before concluding at Union Cross Moravian Church for the graveside service.

The funeral procession operations will be conducted on High Point's 800 Mhz system with Talkgroup HPFD Tac H-8 as primary and Talkgroup HPFD Tac I-9 as secondary.

As the procession passes by Union Cross FD there will be a memorial broadcasted on Forsyth County's 800 MHz system on Talkgroup FCFD F-1 and the VHF Dispatch freq of 154.205.

High Point FD is also planning a broadcast as the procession passes by the High Point station.

KM4WLV

I know this isn't NC, but please read

I know these officers aren't from NC but anyone in Public Safety knows we are all family. 4 Lakewood, WA officer were shot & killed in a coffee shop at the beginning of their shift today. No motive, no reason. My thoughts & prayers go out to the families involved.

Again, I know this isn't NC, but with the malice involved I thought it might deserve out attention. Thankgs guys !!

The story thus far :
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_officers_shot

Last edited:

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Curve: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.66 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/189)

Martin County Sheriffs Deputy Charlie Brown was shot and killed this morning around 9:30 AM. Deputy Brown was a Narcotics Officer that was the first Unit on the scene to a shots fired call in the Town of Williamston. Deputy Brown was shot in the right arm and chest area with an unknown type assualt rifle. Deputy Brown was wearing a vest at the time the incident occurred. The suspect was shot and killed by Williamston Officers that were on the scene.
Deputy Brown leaves behind a wife and two teenage daughters.
Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
My thoughts and prayers are with Deputy Browns family and friends.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Curve: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.66 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/189)

Martin County Sheriffs Deputy Charlie Brown was shot and killed this morning around 9:30 AM. Deputy Brown was a Narcotics Officer that was the first Unit on the scene to a shots fired call in the Town of Williamston. Deputy Brown was shot in the right arm and chest area with an unknown type assualt rifle. Deputy Brown was wearing a vest at the time the incident occurred. The suspect was shot and killed by Williamston Officers that were on the scene.
Deputy Brown leaves behind a wife and two teenage daughters.
Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
White Oak Firefighter Dies Responding to Call

ONSLOW COUNTY - A White Oak Volunteer Fire Department firefighter died this morning while responding to an alarm.

More Info

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
You will be missed Flip. :(
Marshall KE4ZNR
Firefighter dies week after school bus crash

kissinger2-220x165.jpg

Posted: Today at 1:24 p.m.
Updated: 34 minutes ago
Raleigh, N.C. — A Raleigh firefighter injured in a chain-reaction wreck last Friday has died.
Lt. Harry P. "Flip" Kissinger IV, 35, of Wake Forest, died Friday afternoon at WakeMed, Assistant Fire Chief Rusty Styons said.
Kissinger suffered from numerous injuries, including head trauma, following a wreck last week when a school bus collided head-on with his pickup truck.
A lieutenant at Fire Station 6 in Raleigh, Kissinger was driving home from work early the morning of Dec. 4 when a school bus struck the pickup truck he was driving. The bus crashed into a ditch with the cab of the truck crushed beneath it.
Kissinger was with the Raleigh Fire Department for 12 years. He was married with two young daughters.
Dozens of comments were posted Friday afternoon on a Facebook page set up last week.
"Heaven has just received such a precious angel," one visitor wrote. "I am praying for peace for your family."
"We will miss you, pal," another wrote.
A fund has been established in Kissinger's name to help care for his family. Donations to the "Kissinger Family Care Fund" can be made at any First Citizens Bank.

KM4WLV

Rocky Mount Fire Chief & FF dis in Truck Rollover

Rocky Mount Fire Chief Posey Dillon, and Firefighter William Altice died while responding to a call. The truck was struck by an SUV causing it to swerve & subsequently rollover causing the death of Chief Dillon & FF Altice. More info in the link :

Rocky Mount fire chief, firefighter die in crash - Roanoke.com

Condolences to the families and Rocky Mount FD.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Rocky Mount Fire Chief Posey Dillon, and Firefighter William Altice died while responding to a call. The truck was struck by an SUV causing it to swerve & subsequently rollover causing the death of Chief Dillon & FF Altice. More info in the link :

Rocky Mount fire chief, firefighter die in crash - Roanoke.com

Condolences to the families and Rocky Mount FD.

Thanks for catching this Daniel.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Chief Dillon and FF Altice's families and friends.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.