trunk tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMan08

First of all, I live in Greenville and have a trunk tracker (pro 164) that I have been trying to program. I have read the manual, but I still don't understand when I am given a dec # 24592 or 25328 I can't hear anything. Can some tell me if I'm doing something wrong or what.
Thanks for any advise I can get.
Earl

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
24592 and 25328 are the specific talkgroups you want to listen to. Before you can monitor them, you have to enter some basic information about the type of trunked system you want to listen to, as well as the frequencies used by that system.

This link will give you that information ... http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4111

Scroll down the page. The system is a Motorola Type II 800 MHz Analog system.

Scroll down the page some more to find the frequencies to enter for the system.

Now enter the talkgroups in the talkgroup box, and turn that box "on."

When everything is entered, hit "scan" and make sure the bank where you entered the system is turned on. If you scan in closed mode, you will only hear the talkgroups you entered. If you are scanning in open mode, you will hear any active talkgroup airing over the site you setup ... as long as that talkgroup I-D is not locked out.

The following online guide probably does a much-better job of guiding users in programming the Pro 164 and Pro 97 scanners ... Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.