Raleigh Police Motorcycle Unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what happened to RPD's motorcycle unit? I've not seen or heard them on the air in almost 2 years? Are they still active?

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I dont see why Raleigh wouldnt have em anymore, I usually go around raleigh and havent seen a single police motorcycle, probably the department disbanded that unit and put everyone in patrol cars unless the bikes are used specifically for the Raleigh police traffice enforcement safety team or maybe unit number changes, eh ill keep an eye out next time im in raleigh or ill ask a couple of RPDO's i know.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I dont see why Raleigh wouldnt have em anymore, I usually go around raleigh and havent seen a single police motorcycle, probably the department disbanded that unit and put everyone in patrol cars unless the bikes are used specifically for the Raleigh police traffice enforcement safety team or maybe unit number changes, eh ill keep an eye out next time im in raleigh or ill ask a couple of RPDO's i know.

Dude, for the last time do not go around making assumptions and spouting off with incorrect knowledge. You do not live in Raleigh. Nor do you spend any time in Raleigh. Raleigh did NOT "disband that unit and put everyone in patrol cars".
If you don't know for sure and don't have firsthand knowledge then don't post. That simple.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what happened to RPD's motorcycle unit? I've not seen or heard them on the air in almost 2 years? Are they still active?

Charles-
Despite what others have said RPD's motorcycle unit is still very much active. I have heard them on the "RPD SO STAT" (Special Ops Status) talkgroup (40400). You can also hear them every so often one of the 4 RPD Special Ops "TAC" talkgroups.
Marshall KE4ZNR

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Marshall...I used to see them writing a lot of speeding tickets in north Raleigh but haven't seen them since late 2007 in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.