help newbe with rebanding problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve53

I have been a scanner listener for several years, but as of late I am missing some of the calls on the Durham Public service. I have a Uniden 996T scanner. I checked here and see that they have rebanded some of the channels. I don’t have a clue on how to modify my scanner to address these changes. I normally use freescan to program the scanner. Any help would be appreciated.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have been a scanner listener for several years, but as of late I am missing some of the calls on the Durham Public service. I have a Uniden 996T scanner. I checked here and see that they have rebanded some of the channels. I don’t have a clue on how to modify my scanner to address these changes. I normally use freescan to program the scanner. Any help would be appreciated.

Ignore the notice about rebanding for Durham 800Mhz (and for VIPER as well).
Despite what that note says Durham has NOT undergone rebanding yet. I know because I was actually out at Durham Communications last week.
Program the system as a normal 800Mhz system and you should not miss any of the radio traffic.
I (along with other Lindsay, Eric, and the other database) admins are trying to figure out what is causing that notice to be posted.
Again: Nothing has changed yet as far as rebanding and the Durham 800Mhz system.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.