MEDIC in Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Is MEDIC still dispatched on MED 9? Are they making a change?

The reason I ask is they have 30 UHF Minitor III, IV and V Pagers for sale on Gov Deals.

Seems odd to me........

Wes

yardbird

The last I heard everything is being dispatched across County Fire. 156.165 Mhz.

All of the first responders that were on Med 9 are now being alerted across county fire.

At one time all county fire and first responders carried two pagers. One on Vhf and One on Uhf even though the first responders were part of the same fire department.

The last time I talked with one of the Medic Paramedics he advised me that with new dispatch software and upgrades that all Medic Crews carry a 800 Mhz radio and when they have a call the dispatcher alerts both crew members radio of the call.

I was also told that when the alert goes out the radio being alerted acknowledges the alert and sends confirmation back to dispatch.

As far as calls in the City of Charlotte they still advise all Medic units to utilize Med 2.

A whole different system from when they carried the old Mx-360 10 channel portables.

Hope this helps

David

yardbird

The only agencies that are still on Med 9 are:

Haywood County Ems & Rescue

Randolph County Ems & Ash-Rand Rescue

Cumberland County Ems

David

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
Yardbird is correct, MEDIC no longer cross patches Med-9, MEDIC crews have some kind of alerting system that is connected to their 800MHZ portables. Also, look for several changes soon to EMS calls in Meck County. Those that monitor Meck Co have noticed all medical calls have been assigned County Fire Ops-4 or 5 to reduce traffic on County Fire Dispatch. From what one of the dispatchers was telling me, when rebanding is complete, Med-2 will be no longer utilized as well as County Ops-2, the fire ops channels will start at Ops-3.

kd8x

The only agencies that are still on Med 9 are:

Haywood County Ems & Rescue

Randolph County Ems & Ash-Rand Rescue

Cumberland County Ems

David

I hear a lot of Med 9 activity in the Forsyth and Winston Salem areas while I'm out on the road...

yardbird

Darn!

I wish they would hurry up and get all these new channel names and new fleet maps finished.

It is a pain to keep having the radios reprogrammed.

Our department has about 25 portables and 12 mobiles all on the Cabarrus, Mecklenburg, Rowan and the Viper System.

It was a nightmare trying to get all the radios together for the first round of reprogramming and flash upgrades.

Now Rowan has released a new fleet map and now Mecklenburg is doing the same.

Man looks like I am going to have to do it all over, because there is no communications between system administrators as to what changes are going to take place.

As for Med 9 around Winston/Forsyth you are probably hearing Randolph County. When I carried my Mecklenburg Med 9 pager. I would get up around the UNCC Area and start hearing Randolph County. They have a pretty strong transmitter on Med 9.

Just my thoughts

David

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
There is / was also a medical transport service up in the mountains using 462.950 / DPL 431 R for patient transports. Very informal / laidback communications between a female dispatcher and units that do not I-D by number.

I've noted the agency communicating a few times while working in the Caldwell Co / Granite Falls / Hudson areas ... which often provides a nice radio window toward Wilkes, Alleghany and counties in Va.

My last logging, though, was in December 2008 ... and I have never logged them from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.