Johnston County EMS Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH2184

Does anyone know the new EMS codes that Johnston County are using? I have started hearing them when they are being dispatched. I am also curious if they are using "EMS dispatch" anymore. I know they are still using "Rescue Tac" They dont give the code 1 or code 3 response over the radio anymore either and they don't tell the EMS unit to "switch over" or anything.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have not monitored Johnston County in months....

Could they be AMPDS codes?

Look under "Medical Priority Codes".

If you hear something like "29 Bravo 5" then it is most likely AMPDS
codes.
Marshall KE4ZNR

drew6553

i'd bet money that they'd be using the AMPDS governed by the NAED,,, lots of fun if you have 16 hours free and have to choose between that class and a sixteen hour root canal with no anesthesia pick the root canal.

emtbravo9

I'm an EMT in JoCo, and yep, they're using those codes. You can get a tiny book where you can look the codes up. They don't really use code 1/code 3 anymore, you gotta respond based on your codes. Anything EXCEPT alpha requires code 3 response.

emsdude1992

we use emd dispatch now and the person at central will sometime still say code 1 or code 3 response
here is the response codes we use now
Alpha Response=Code 1--Low Priority
Bravo Response=Code 2--Mid Priority (calls that may involve First Responders)
Charlie Response=Code 3--Possibly Life Threatening
Delta Response=Code 3--Life Threatening
Echo Response=Code 3--Full Arrest or Imminent Death
Omega Response=Code 1--Lowest Priority
Priority Dispatch Codes

spencer2223

hey i was wondering about ems i was in vol squad i know they still use radios but use cell phones and cad one small stuff but use radio for main purpose but i saw someone say u guys use cad all time do yall do that are do u guys use radio most of time and cads to or radio more and cad cu zi know radi ownt go anywhere i know u need it for to talk but i was lsiten to johnston co so i wanted to know and what frequincy u guys on and can u listen to digital stuff

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
hey i was wondering about ems i was in vol squad i know they still use radios but use cell phones and cad one small stuff but use radio for main purpose but i saw someone say u guys use cad all time do yall do that are do u guys use radio most of time and cads to or radio more and cad cu zi know radi ownt go anywhere i know u need it for to talk but i was lsiten to johnston co so i wanted to know and what frequincy u guys on and can u listen to digital stuff

Hey Spencer. Welcome to RR.com.
Couple of things to help you out. Please take the time to make your posts readable. One long run on sentence with no periods is very difficult to read.
It took me 3 or 4 times of reading your post before it made any sense
to me. Doing the basics in terms of sentence structure makes it easier for others to read your posts and those that read it will be more willing to help you out.
Now onto your question: Johnston County does use CAD computers in their public safety agency vehicles. Most counties do these days.
As for your last question "can u listen to digital stuff".....well, it depends on the type of digital voice being used.
Johnston County uses the digital voice format known as "Provoice" for a majority of public safety related comms on their radio system. Unfortunately there is not a commercially available scanner that can decode Provoice Communications.
Hope this helps you out!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

spencer2223

johnston co

thanks and sorry about that u coudent read it but i know wilson uses cads also and what not but i think radios will never disapear cuz they do need commuications and stuff cuz like what happend in los angles public saftey is big thing but i could listen to johnston county if we have there radios but we dont lot of wilson gone p25 and they suck cuz there like cell phones no recpeintion but thanks for leeting me know i know jo co only had dispatch and tac so i seing if they still use that lot or digital stuff

spencer2223

and thanks i was seieng if ems was using prvoice are they analog but if u can find out thanks i do wanna listen to fire dpet and ops channels and ems and police do if u can tlel me what cites in county use them thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.