Status
Not open for further replies.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
hearing a repeater on 150.7. I know its a uscg aux freq. some traffic comes in s-9 then down s-5. has be skip.
i know this was disussed once before.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
hearing a repeater on 150.7. I know its a uscg aux freq. some traffic comes in s-9 then down s-5. has be skip.
i know this was disussed once before.

The variations in signal strength might simply be due to the wind gusting we were experiencing Wednesday evening. I presume the antenna for this repeater is close to a body of water ... but may be wrong.

Most of the traffic I've heard off the repeater has originated from USCG stations in the Tidewater, Va and Carolinas coastal areas. That makes me think the repeater is located in N.C.

Ten42

I think this one is on Sauratown Mountain or somewhere near Winston-Salem. I hear it in Danville, Virginia and it seems much stronger when I am in the Mt Airy area, thats why I suspect Sauratown. Last April while traveling back from Western NC along I-40 near Statesville I heard it also. It seems to only work in the summer and sometimes only during weekends, which, being USCG Auxiliary, maybe they only power it up when they are on the water. It almost never works in the fall and winter months. I vote to leave it on year round what do ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.