Does anyone have Raleigh Police Dept. 10 codes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisjamesnc

Can anyone provide the 10-codes, signal-codes and code-codes for the Raleigh Police Department ? I have looked up several on the web, but it would appear that the Raleigh Police Dept. use their own flavor of codes.

I think the 10-codes and signal-codes most folks will understand what I am asking for. With respect to the "code-codes" to further clarify; I sometimes hear them say something like "10-4 dispatch, I'm code 14". Sometimes this makes sense by referencing the 10-codes, sometimes it doesn't make sense. I'm trying to figure out what those "codes" are. Maybe if I had an accurate list of the 10-codes, saying I'm "code 14" (for instance) would make more sense.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis James

dennisjamesnc

You may find what you are looking for here:

Wake County, North Carolina (NC) 10 Codes and Maps

In the future though that information is going to moved to the RR Wiki and then you would get to it by going to the same page above and then clicking on Collaborate and then selecting the Raleigh County Wiki Page.

Mike

Beautiful ! Thank you Mike. I am sitting here listening to the Raleigh PD and with this new list everything is starting to make sense.

Thanks again,
Dennis

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Mike-
Thanks for helping out :)
Just to muddy the waters a little more there is not one specific set of 10 codes/signals used by everyone in Wake County.
NCSHP uses their own set of 10 codes/signals.
Alot of other Wake County agencies including Raleigh PD use these codes/.signals
So just be aware that standardization in communications is still a work of progress in Wake County.
Marshall KE4ZNR

WA4MJF

Well, the Patrol is not a Wake County Agency. :)

BTW, I was looking at that page and KPS Station 2 306 Robertson Street is on the list of Fire Stations.
Station 2 is where original Station before they built their current Station 1 in the Town guvment complex.
Right now it is a one engine station with a mini-pumper as a spare at Station 2, no 2 1/2 in the bed. I
cannot find KPS Station 1 (County 13, which EWF&R gave them) on the list.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Well, the Patrol is not a Wake County Agency. :)

Ok Ronnie, Let's play the semantics game. :D
No, SHP is not a "Wake County Agency" but they do take calls on I40 and parts of I540 in Wake County.
My point stands that there is multiple 10 codes/signals used in Central NC although some agencies are moving more to clear text (Raleigh FD & Garner PD being two off the top of my head).
Marshall KE4ZNR

WA4MJF

RFD sure is. I heard them a while back, "Engine five has arrived Engine two is here, too". I wondered how long they had waited to be able to say that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.