148.700 OBX - Army Morale Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber

Heard 148.700 FM from the Cedar Island to Ocracoke ferry 9/16 poorly transcoded text to audio (sounds like the Microsoft SAM voice rendering of text to speech)

RADIO BSA (said out Bravo, Sierra, Alpha)
and then several sentences of audio that sound like mission objectives, tried to get a recording with my cell phone but its not audible.
One sentence was “ to collect movement and quartering of troop locations”
The last sentence of the recording loop sounded like “and to complete your duty to your God (unintelligible) “

Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Heard 148.700 FM from the Cedar Island to Ocracoke ferry 9/16 poorly transcoded text to audio (sounds like the Microsoft SAM voice rendering of text to speech)

RADIO BSA (said out Bravo, Sierra, Alpha)
and then several sentences of audio that sound like mission objectives, tried to get a recording with my cell phone but its not audible.
One sentence was “ to collect movement and quartering of troop locations”
The last sentence of the recording loop sounded like “and to complete your duty to your God (unintelligible) “

Can anyone else shed some light on this?

My immediate guess would be Boy Scouts of America... What they were doing on that freq is anyones guess (Isnt ham from 144-148 only?)

Yes, I know its been a while

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Re: Bsa

Yeah I thought that too, I just don’t see what the Boy Scouts would be doing transmitting a loop recording on a freq normally allocated for federal use..

I did find out that that 148.700 is used for migratory tracking, Fish, birds, etc.... there’s no way it coulda been a fish as strong as the signal was.... maybe a stow-away bird catching a ride on the ferry??

I was a Boy Scout when I was younger, it didn’t sound like any of the mottos.. and if anything i think it sounded like something clandestine...

mike_gain

Maybe it was them gol darn terrorist, with a homebrew u-boat using an old BSA motorcycle engine. I'm thinking that is a fed freq. Modded 2M radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.