Lankford Protective Service - Greensboro Guilford

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Did someone before mentioned Lankford or most security agencies in guilford county are now under the guilford counties 800mhz system or are they still Conventional?

Im sure i saw one LPS officer carry an MTS2000 or HT1000 w/ limited DTMF keypads but do they make 800mhz series for HT1000's/MTS2000? I couldn't really tell at all,

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Am i on everyones ignore list or something or no one just bothers to answer a simple question that i cant find myself?

tekshogun

Hey man, I'm not ignoring you, I just saw this post.

Lankford Protective Services provides security for various City of Greensboro locations. To supplement the execution of their duties, they are issued City of Greensboro 800MHz trunking radios, typically MTS2000's from the Greensboro Security Office.

I am pretty sure all of these secondary trunked radios are MTS2000's where Parking Enforcement and the police department are issued XTS3000's and XTS5000's for the most part.

Water Resources, I also know, use MTS2000's and they are programmed with the same talk groups as security radios and with common talk groups for interoperability.

I don't know of any HT1000's being used in this capacity and I am not exactly sure on the capability of an HT1000 to operate on an 800MHz trunked system such as what is used by CoG. The non-police/non-parking enforcement city employees (and possibly security) also use plenty of MCS2000 mobile radios setup basically the same as the MTS2000's

Last edited:

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
These are the TG used on Guilford system.

Greensboro Security 12976
Greensboro Security Ops 13008
Security Administration 13104

There is also TG for High Point.

Last edited:

tekshogun

Just to clarify on radio models, the MTS2000 will do VHF/UHF/800, & the HT1000 will only do VHF & UHF.

Thanks for clarification, I just wasn't sure and I don't like stating anything as a fact when I don't know it to be the case.

Kaysone, the security guard I spoke to works just 50ft away from me and the information I gave you came straight him, of course, when I looked at his radio, I was able to assertain that they were setup pretty much exactly the way our Utility radios are setup.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
These are the TG used on Guilford system.

Greensboro Security 12976
Greensboro Security Ops 13008
Security Administration 13104

There is also TG for High Point.

Thanks kendrick, thatsr what i was thinking, ill save this to add to my list.

Thanks for clarification, I just wasn't sure and I don't like stating anything as a fact when I don't know it to be the case.

Kaysone, the security guard I spoke to works just 50ft away from me and the information I gave you came straight him, of course, when I looked at his radio, I was able to assertain that they were setup pretty much exactly the way our Utility radios are setup.

mm ok thanks for the info Tekshogun :). I knew i was right about it being 800mhz though i dont think i mentioned it correctly, i was just looking at the radio, limited DTMF keypads and an 800Mhz antenna

Thanks everyone else for responding :)

Last edited:

tekshogun

Yup, some of the radios have a full DTMF, some have the limited keypad (6 buttons).

Status
Not open for further replies.