Wake County Police, Fire , EMS feed on Radioreference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randyg711

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
The feed page I am referring to is Wake County, North Carolina (NC) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

The feed that includes police seems to have lots of other non-public safety communications, especially M-F during the daytime. Does anyone know the owner of the feed and can verify my analysis??? If I am correct, can these talkgroups be lockout on the scanner? And finally, am I asking too much?? :)

Randy,
Welcome to Radioreference.com! The feed in question does include a lot of Miscellaneous radio traffic other than Public Safety. The only one that can modify the feed is the feed owner. It would be up to the feed provider to narrow down the feed contents down to public safety only.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Randyg711

That is what I thought. I am veteran of the scanner world and spent 10 yrs in NY in public safety- 7 in FDNY/EMS. I see that I cannot send the owner a msg. Anyone else feel inclined to do so?

It just seems to me that if the feed is labeled police, fire, ems... that other misc. really is not necessary.

drew6553

go back to his profile. you can send him a pm but not an email. I'm sure bonez wouldlike your input but as marshall said it is ultimately up to the operator of the feed.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
That is what I thought. I am veteran of the scanner world and spent 10 yrs in NY in public safety- 7 in FDNY/EMS. I see that I cannot send the owner a msg. Anyone else feel inclined to do so?

It just seems to me that if the feed is labeled police, fire, ems... that other misc. really is not necessary.

If you cant send a PM it might because your post count is only 2 i think it has to be 3 or 4 before you can send messages.

Randyg711

I wish I could but even though I am logged in, I get the message:

Randyg711, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Kendrik is right: It is due to your low post count. Feel free to look around at Radioreference.com and contribute a few posts as a part of getting involved in the community. You will soon be able to contact the feed provider and offer some input. As others have guessed, we have certain filters in place to try to prevent our membership from getting spammed or receiving unwanted messages. I am sure in no time you will find that the feeds are only a part of what makes RR.com a great place to hang out.
Thanks for being a part of our community!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

I wish I could but even though I am logged in, I get the message:

Randyg711, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

WA4MJF

There a lot of shared TGs. Almost every PS TG may have administrative users. Examples, are dog catchers, logistics folks, radio mechanics, mechanics, the restaurant guy that brings us free food on big fires, etc

bonez01

Hi. I will update the radio talk groups for this feed. Please be patient with me and I will update the feed over the next few evenings.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hi. I will update the radio talk groups for this feed. Please be patient with me and I will update the feed over the next few evenings.

Let me know if I can be of assistance in helping you map out what might be a good selection of TGs to have on the feed.
Thanks for providing your feed! :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

bonez01

Let me know if I can be of assistance in helping you map out what might be a good selection of TGs to have on the feed.
Thanks for providing your feed! :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

Thank you for offering. I will be in touch this evening if need be. I appreciate it.

bonez01

I have completed programming in the talkgroup id's for police, fire & ems. No more nonsense traffic anymore :) Thanks again to everybody who listens and enjoys this feed. Please giver me your feedback. Have a great weekend all.

Randyg711

Working great! Thanks again. So here is a question for the group who listens. Since there is a feed up for Fire/EMS already, does anyone think that it would be better to have just a police feed or keep it as is?

I know it is not up to me, just trying to see what others may be thinking.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Working great! Thanks again. So here is a question for the group who listens. Since there is a feed up for Fire/EMS already, does anyone think that it would be better to have just a police feed or keep it as is?

My opinion, i like feeds just with Police on it since sometimes a feed with Police,Fire, and EMS tend to get crowded and it can be hard to keep up.

Just my $0.02:)

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

I think You and Kendrik might be onto something here. We are very lucky here in NC that we have too much to listen to. But having a feed devoted to just PD might work out well. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

bonez01

I was thinking the same guys. I have another scanner I could use to stream just PD on. Let me know what you all think.

Status
Not open for further replies.