Caldwell County/Lenoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodcrutch

Can anyone tell a dumb newbie how i can get police in the Lenoir area...i have a pro97 scanner and the freq list that radio shack printed out for me but there is no action on those freqs...thanks for your time..

Quantar22

Can anyone tell a dumb newbie how i can get police in the Lenoir area...i have a pro97 scanner and the freq list that radio shack printed out for me but there is no action on those freqs...thanks for your time..

If I am not mistaken Lenoir PD is using VIPER exclusively for their communications now much like Caldwell SO. That being the case your scanner is not P25 digital capable and they are for sure running a digital talk group. If you desire to listen to any LE communications in Caldwell County; other than NCSHP Troop F communications on an analog talk group; you will have to upgrade to a digital capable scanner.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

rodcrutch

thanks for the fast response...been listening to aviation most my life so all this VIPER and trunk stuff is new to me anyway but atleast now i know what to ask the wife for christmas now...

Drafin

I can indeed confirm that Lenoir is exclusively on Viper.

You must have a digital scanner to receive their communications.

Draf

wvscanner

Database Admin
While this forum is up. I haven't been there quite a while. Is Hibright the only tower I need while I'm in Lenoir for city and county or do I need to get the one from Hickory location to run with it?

pboy

While this forum is up. I haven't been there quite a while. Is Hibright the only tower I need while I'm in Lenoir for city and county or do I need to get the one from Hickory location to run with it?

Hibriten carries it all. Baker Mtn.comes in a close second.

wvscanner

Database Admin
Yeah, I can remeber the day that someone locked me in the gates there after spending the day under the fire tower. I have plans to go back this spring to visit in Lenoir, I just wasn't sure if I could get everything from Hibriten or if I needed to get Baker Mtn in for the rest. Have no plans to go back up on Hibriten.

pboy

It will be nice also when Barrett Mtn.site gets completed. That site probably will fill in parts of Caldwell County coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.