Wake County, NC frequencies for non-trunking BC95XLT scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pettes01

Hello,

I just picked this up to use primarily for Nascar races but would like to play around with it to listen to Police, Fire, EMS, etc. So far, using the service search, the only thing that really comes in is the weather. Occassionally I'll get a channel here and there but I thought there would be a lot more out there. When searching for frequencies in my area, I see that NC has gone to a trunking (VIPER) system which my scanner does not support.

Any other tips to get the most out of this scanner. Any help/tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
SP

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I think the only thing that is still left in the Raleigh Area that is still in use are as follows:

Raleigh Fire 154.370 Mhz Wake Ems 156.225 Mhz Wake Fire 154.190 Mhz

Chatham Fire 154.325Mhz Chatham Ems 155.835 Mhz

Durham co. Fire 154.130 Mhz

Franklin Co. Fire 154.145 Mhz Franklin Co. Ems 155.580 Mhz

Johnston Co Fire 154.340 Mhz Johnston Co Ems 155.235 Mhz

Harnett Co Fire & Ems 155.760 Mhz

As far as Law Enforcement you might want to check the Data Base, because I don't keep track of it like I do Fire, Ems, and Rescue.

Hope this helps

David

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I think the only thing that is still left in the Raleigh Area that is still in use are as follows:

Raleigh Fire 154.370 Mhz Wake Ems 156.225 Mhz Wake Fire 154.190 Mhz

David

Yep. David is correct. And the above frequencies are the Locution Fire & EMS initial alert
channels. Meaning you will hear the initial automated dispatch but you will not hear any of the unit to unit or unit to dispatch or on scene comms.

And all law enforcement is digital in Wake County.

I wish I could give you better news but a digital capable Trunktracking scanner is needed to monitor Wake County Public Safety these days.

Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

pettes01

Thanks for the info guys. It will be a NASCAR toy primarily but I'd like to get the most out of it. Thanks again.
SP

Status
Not open for further replies.