GFD/GCF Dispatch Problem on BCD996T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squidward85

Hello,

I thought I'd post in here only because it had Greensboro in it.

I am having trouble picking up Fire Dispatch on my BCD996T. I know they have merged, and I have both Dispatch talk groups programmed. However I can not hear either. I know I have it set up correctly because I can get the Tac Channels just fine and they are programmed under the same system. I can hear Dispatch on my Pro-07, and even on their low-band simulcast. I have held the "Dispatch" ID on my 996, and with full signal strength I get nothing. I can hear them on my Pro-97 but its just not happening on my 996.

I have double, triple, and quadruple checked and I know the the TGI isn't locked out. I would will be willing to send my saved ARC system for further scrutiny.

Everything else works just fine, GPD, EMS, SHP, and GCSO.

Any ideas?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I moved your post into it's own thread as you are more likely to
get help this way from one of our GSO area residents. :)

Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Also just as a note 4400 is nothing but dead air. You will not hear any dispatching off of 4400, all dispatching is on 10224. The only time Greensboro will go back to 4400 is an EXTREME cases. The latest news on the system is somewhat misleading/incorrect. My sources in Guilford give me the scoop:)

Last edited:

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
A common error involving dispatch talkgroups is the talkgroup status bit setting on Uniden scanners is set incorrectly.

If the dispatch talkgroup is being patched to another talkgroup on the same system, such as an EMS dispatch talkgroup for medical calls where GFD may be a first responder, then the I-Ds of the patched talkgroups are altered.

Radio Shack and GRE scanners adjust for the altered I-D automatically. The Uniden scanners have a programmable setting to either adhere to or ignore the altered I-D.

If the 996 is not set to ignore altered I-Ds for the system, it will only receive unaltered I-Ds for that system.

When you hear the GFD or GCF dispatch on your other receiver, change the 996 from "scan" to "search" mode. The scanner should then receive the 800 talkgroup. If the I-D ends in an odd number - 10227 or 10231, for instance - the talkgroup is patched to another talkgroup.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
They are technically not patched together. They just use one tg 10224 for county and city fire dispatch. Thats why i say the "news" on the system is misleading.

Last edited:

randyK

GCF Disp (TG#10224) shows up on Unitrunker & Trunk88 as patched with TG#4400. It shows up as TG#10227. The new PSR500 firmware update confirms they are patched, it will receive on TG#10224 as well as TG#4400. So enter 10227 as the ID or set the status bits to ignore.
Randy

Last edited:

Squidward85

TGID 10227 or ignore status bits.

Thank you all for the input so far. I have confirmed that the Dispatch TGID is 10224. So just to make sure I understand, I need to check to make sure I ignore the status bits OR change the ID to 10227? I don't understand the technical aspects of it, but if I wanted to ensure I was hearing everything on other systems I would want to ignore status bits?

I am out of town for the week, but I will check and try these as soon as I get home. Thank you all for the help. It very well could have been me tinkering with the settings on the ARC program, I just wouldn't know where to start fixing it.

Last edited:

randyK

I would set it to ignore status bits, the only problem with running that way you will get a little encryption noise at the beginning of a digital encrypted signal before the radio mutes & it then locks on the talkgroup until the conversation is over.
I have my 396T set to "yes" to status bits, but I had to add several IDs for patched talkgroups. Example for GCSD DISP I added 11248,11251, & 11255. So when they patch talkgroups, like when they hold traffic, it will receive it. I added them for Gcf Disp, Ems Disp, SD Disp, & all GPD Dispatches. I took the main TGID & added 3 for cross patched TG & added 7 for multi select TG. This way if I scan the system, I never hear any encrypted traffic at all, but if I search it will. The only ones I have ever seen used on this system is +3 & +7 as well as +8 (encrypted). Here's a motorola status bit list, Randy

ID+0 Normal Talkgroup
ID+1 All Talkgroup
ID+2 Emergency
ID+3 Talkgroup patch to another
ID+4 Emergency Patch
ID+5 Emergency multi-group
ID+6 Not assigned
ID+7 Multi-select (initiated by dispatcher)
ID+8 DES Encryption talkgroup
ID+9 DES All Talkgroup
ID+10 DES Emergency
ID+11 DES Talkgroup patch
ID+12 DES Emergency Patch
ID+13 DES Emergency multi-group
ID+14 Not assigned
ID+15 Multi-select DES TG

ems902

GFD and GCF issue

Call me, I can help you with any issue you have on the 996T. My number is 402-9032.

Squidward85

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Thanks for the info everyone. RandyK, as a personal preference, how do you tag the different talk groups? Do you just lable them all "dispatch", or do you mark them to identify which one is what? So you'll know what the dispatcher is doing?
Ems902, I think you helped me program my first scanner ever at Guilford Tech after my emt class back in 2003, you pulled the data from the radio in your crown vic.
As a side note, I'm checking and responding to this forum from my cell phone, the mobile site and mobile forums are pretty cool and really easy to navigate. They did a great job putting m.radioreference.com together.

Squidward85

By golly it worked! I simply un-checked the box that said "Status Bit ON". I uploaded that the changes and it worked like a charm.

It seems that creating a new Motorola System in the ARC Pro software automatically checks the box.

Thank you all for the help! GFD/GCF Dispatch is loud and clear now.

Status
Not open for further replies.